Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help w/ Hawaiian themed purchase

zaika

One Too Many
I hesitated posting this here...but I wanted as many people as possible to see it and weigh in...(I'll understand if it's moved, though)

But I'm wondering if any of you might know more about the history (or be able to make a good guess) linen set I got this weekend. I tried googling the store name, and came up with one possiblity...but it required me to pay to read the article.

Any ideas or guesses about the date of this item? (My imagination is going a million miles a minute...)

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06666.jpg

DSC06668.jpg

DSC06670.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
Foofoogal said:
I say 1940s. Is the tablecloth under the mats a part of the set? or are the mats for the tablecloth that states Aloha?

oh...lol the big red thing? that's my comforter. :)

but the mats (or napkins?) go with the aloha tablecloth.

i'm guessing 40's, too...

Foofoogal

Banned
It reminds me of the pillows the servicemen sent home to honeys during the war for some reason.
Really nice set.
People keep asking me about hawaiian things lately. They must be going in vogue again. Oh, the cycle of things. lol
I have a feeling the dutch stuff is next.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Foofoogal said:
It reminds me of the pillows the servicemen sent home to honeys during the war for some reason.
Really nice set.
People keep asking me about hawaiian things lately. They must be going in vogue again. Oh, the cycle of things. lol
I have a feeling the dutch stuff is next.
Maybe it's because next year is the 50th anniversary of Hawai'i becoming a state?
Why Dutch? You've piqued my interest.
Zaika, my mom said 40s.

Foofoogal

Banned
:eek:fftopic: Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
I have always just gone on gut feelings in my business and am usually correct on colors in style and so nothing scientific.
The dutch theme was very popular in the 1950s with dishes, textiles, kitchen etc.
I think people love colors traditionally when they are trying to get perked up. The dutch motif is very perky. lol
Berggren. I sold a coffee pot recently and have a dutch oven that is the same name. lol They seem to be getting more popular overall.
http://www.lecien.co.jp/en/hobby/folklore/index.html

zaika

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe - thank you! i saw them...then the price tag ($8!) and they were mine. lol

BegintheBeguine - tell your mother thank you for me. :)

dutch? my friend (who is a major dutch-o-phile) will be extremely happen about that.

now...all i need to do is find out the story behind anna and ray. were they an item? was he in the service? aw...

InspectorMorse

One of the Regulars
Just the word "Hawaii" makes me fill with many wonderful thoughts! Wouldn't it have been amazing to have been there prior to WWII & commercialization!

zaika

One Too Many
RIOT - thank you! it does have that 50's flavor to it...doesn't it...

Inspector Morse - i have yet to visit Hawaii...so i wouldn't know. but from what i heard, the commercialization of the islands is really bad. so...i agree with you! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21