Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with a lovely lady...

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
Okay gents, I'm at my wits' ends. In my surfing the net over the past two days I came across a popular B&W pic of a well known silver screen starlet.... but I can't remember who it is. (At this point if you can read my mind and have found her for me- congrats! If not I'll give you the few clues I can! lol)

In the pic she is lying propped up on her right arm, horizontal to the camera, legs going towards the right side of the photo, on the floor of a typical room. Whether it is a living room or an office I don't recall. It is a fairly closely cropped shot and the camera angle is low enough to catch her almost straight on. She had dark hair, fairly short and similar to Myrna Loy's style. It could very well be Ms. Loy for all I know. I looked through the first few Google pages on her but I couldn't find that shot in any gallery.

That's about all the info I can give you unfortunately. I don't need this for any real reason other than I just love the shot. At this point I'm just searching because it's bugging me so much- kinda like having a word on the tip of your tongue but not being able to vocalize it. Grrrrr... Talk about annoying!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Scuffy said:
Okay gents, I'm at my wits' ends.

Granted...the ladies might be able to help you here just as much as the blokes..fashion and all ;)

Show us the picture...even a link to it..unless you saw it for sale on ebay ;)

If you saw it in the last two days...there is a darned good chance its in your browser history files, or at least the site you saw it on.

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
That's my problem, I saw it while I was at work and the way they have the system set up the history is wiped at the end of the day. I have not a clue where it might have been or who it was. This is like the hunt for a needle in a haystack- so I realize that there is a high chance that nobody happens to know off the top of their heads. No big deal in the end.

And no offense meant Miss Neecerie!:rolleyes: I just figured the guys might have a better handle on the lady situation. As happens quite often I stand here with my foot in my mouth (and that's one hell of a foot to have in there! lol). In the end it probably will be one of the gals that comes up with the answer!!:p

:::edit:::

I got to thinking... I had been been perusing the WWII links pretty heavily, maybe I'll just hop on the net later and shoot through all of those. At any rate- back to work! Thanks again guys (and ladies!)!;)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Try searches with different key words like: vintage, movie star, starlet, photo or anything else you can recall that might get you back to the site. Try Google image search too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails