Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help With A2 Sizing Please

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I've been thinking about trying to get probably a Cooper A2 on ebay or similar (if the price is right), but have a dilemma regarding sizing. I'm not sure whether to get a 40 or a 42. Most of my life I've been a Medium, which is 38 or 40. I have an LL Bean Warm-up jacket in Medium and I certainly wouldn't want the next size up. Flash forward to a size 42 Vanson Enfield I got on ebay recently. I'm happy now with the fit for a motorcycle jacket, having worn it since on various rides with a fleece vest underneath, but I'll admit I was a little disappointed when I first put it on and was expecting something a little more fitted. When I put a tape measure around my chest I think it's closer to 42 than 40, but I wonder if that's from a few extra pounds of padding and not because my basic frame has grown that much. Last gruesome detail, my waist is about 38 (but I've started walking) = size 36 pants.

So help please. If I want a military fit, should I go for 40 or 42.

I put the Vanson pic in for size. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Photoon2012-01-04at1246.jpg

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
It all depends on the make and sizing of the jacket. Take the pit to pit of a jacket that fits you well and use that as a guide. Always ask the seller for a pit to pit measurement. For instructions as to measuring the p2p, see the sizing info in my sticky on peacoat dating that is at the top of this page. Sizing info is toward the end.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I believe this gentleman is asking specifically about cooper A2, but, Mr Vespizarre, cooper differs in their version, they have one with side entry and one without, the one without is probably the military issue jacket and runs true to size with a tad tight fit. whereas the civilian version with side pocket is more roomy, like a size larger. if your chest is 42, but with a gut like in the picture, I would recommend a CIVILIAN 42, or a MILITARY 44. For gentleman with guts, it is unwise to only consider the chest size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany