Help with Aero jacket fit

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ppratim, Nov 17, 2016.

1. ppratim

ppratim New in Town

Hi all,
    My apologies if this is not the correct area for this post. I received my first aero jacket from TB and need advice about fit. This is a size 44 Aero Seven.

I am happy with the fit for the most part but wanted your opinion on overall fit and particularly the sleeve length. I don't ride a bike so don't need the extra length. I have the option of ordering a custom fit. I was advised by the store that I should go with no more than half inch. I am thinking I want an inch off. What do you think?

Thanks in advance. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Seriously...fit looks great to me with that type of jacket. I wouldn't shorten anything IMHO. Nice looking jacket..!!
    HD

sweetfights, Fanch and Monitor like this.
  3. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

Looks very good. I would seriously think to keep the fit jacket!
    maybe half an inch shorter?

4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

The sleeves will shorten about 1/4"- 1/2" as they crease up.
    I'd buy that one, it looks great!

sweetfights and Fanch like this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor

It's perfect. The sleeves are just right. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Zipper ends just at the belt, where it should. I think it's really as good as it gets.

Fanch likes this.
  6. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

IMHO the fit jacket looks fantastic as is. Wouldn't change a thing if I were you and simply keep the fit jacket.

7. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

You could definitely get away with keeping that jacket BUT if the sleeve length is bothering you, it's bothering you.

I'd be inclined to go by what Carrie recommends. Despite most of us thinking we know better, she has successfully fit more jackets in a month than we will in a lifetime!

The thing I've learned is that sleeve length probably has the most leeway in terms of fit. As long as it s not too short, the sleeeve end will sit at the thumb and the rest will crease as necessary. A longer sleeve will simply crease more. It just depends if that amount of bunching/creasing is too much for you.

8. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

Some people like shorter sleeves, some longer. Personally that looks spot on to how I like my jackets sleeves to fit. But as others have said if you want to go shorter you certainly can.

9. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

Looks great from here too. I like my sleeves on the shorter side probably. These would end up fine after some wear but would get on my nerves a bit at first I think.
    Would be hard to send such a nice jacket back...

10. thor

thor One Too Many

+1, totally agree with Fanch and the others who have stated the same opinion.

Fanch likes this.
  11. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Perfection! Keep that jacket.

Sloan1874 likes this.
  12. 53Effie

53Effie A-List Customer

I'll chime in as well. I wouldn't change a thing on that jacket. It is just right the way it is.

13. Hammerklavier

Hammerklavier One of the Regulars

Do whatever you feel comfortable, for me the shoulder looks tight in front, again, the picture really doesn't shown the right proportion, especially without your head, the proportion is lost, no one can judge that based on the pictures from different angle, it's a joke

14. Really...??

15. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

As we often say, "fit is subjective..."

16. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Nah, the shoulders are fine, it's just the guy's posture. As the others say, it looks just fine.

17. ppratim

ppratim New in Town

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate your feedback. My only issue has been that the tip of the sleeve comes almost midway into my palms (when the sleeves are unzipped) which I find a bit annoying. But based on your feedback it sounds like once the leather breaks in the sleeves should naturally pull up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I would leave everything as-is.

19. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

As a rider I base my fit on how it fits me on the motorcycle. I don't like a jacket that is below the opening of my pockets. That limits access to my wallet and my front pockets. Your fit jacket comes well below that point, but for you that may not be a concern. For me it just looks too long. The sleeves in my opinion are a bit long. I have long arms, so I like a sleeve that is a bit longer than normal. But your sleeves are longer than what I would like. Send pictures to Carrie and see what she says. She is the professional fit mistress. We are all amateurs here.

20. JohnKrenz

JohnKrenz Familiar Face

If the two I've ordered in the last month end up fitting half as well as yours I'll be happy :)
    It looks perfect!