Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help with hat ID?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
This is my grandfather and my mother, circa ~1940, in the Bronx. Anyone wanna take a stab at identifying his hat? It’s not a quiz. I have no idea.

marlene-girl-montage2_crop.jpg

duggap

Banned
Visit Art Fawcett's site, he has a hat called the Jazzman which would be about the best match I know of for that hat. I am lucky enough to own one and it has the very high crown, and nice straight sides.:p

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Yes, could be any brand.

One thing, the ribbon on this one is about 1 1/2 inches, maybe 1 5/8 at the most.

Brad

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I'm thinking now that the picture could have been taken in 38 or 39. She looks to be anywhere from 2 to 4, most likely 2 or 3. The hat could be a number of years older than that - early to mid thirties.

Im gonna check out that site now. Thanks for the leads, guys.

Goose.

Practically Family
No value add from me on the ID of the lid.
But how fortunate for you to have such a great picture of your grandfather and mother. Your grandfather looks happy and proud :)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Goose. I'm gonna try to rescan this picture at a higher resolution, and clean it up a little better than it came out for the above post. It needs to be framed and hung up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ