Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with identifying vintage women's clothing.

Brinybay

Practically Family
Wife and I were going through some stuff in her attic and found these vintage women's clothing. I only recognize the black skirt as looking like it's from the 50s, the rest she only knows who they belonged too, a great-great aunt, which would date them to possibly the early 1900s since we're both middle-aged. Hoping we could find some information on them.
http://tinyurl.com/ncojlar

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I see there are labels in at least one of the garments. Might be good if you can post photos of any labels (manufacturers labels, fabric information etc). They should help to date them.

Brinybay

Practically Family
I couldn't find the black skirt, but of the others I only found one with a label. It appears that it may be British, which makes sense because my wife's parents were British.

Last edited:

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Grey and Peach Dress - 1950s
Black Lace dress - 1950s
Plain Black dress 1940s. Black skirt probably 1950s. Hard to tell as black does make it hard to see detail properly. Usually unlined indicates 50s on a pencil skirt like this.
Cream Jacket later 1940s

Hope this helps!

Carol Myers

New in Town
Grey and Peach Dress - 1950s
Black Lace dress - 1950s
Plain Black dress 1940s. Black skirt probably 1950s. Hard to tell as black does make it hard to see detail properly. Usually unlined indicates 50s on a pencil skirt like this.
Cream Jacket later 1940s

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112