Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Help with my husband’s hat collection

Oh thank you everyone! I would really love to keep that one for his sons. Also, what should I consider when choosing the other hats to keep for the boys?

I guess this depends on if you want to sell the rare ones for top dollar or keep those for the boys (when they are old enough to appreciate them). You might want to keep the Stetson Boss Raw Edge you mention above.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-hat-are-you-wearing-today.94860/page-1861#post-2679927

Hello everyone, thank you for all of your kind words. Justin really loved this forum and I know he’d be very grateful for the offers to help. I have a new baby and a toddler so any funds are helpful to us but I also know he would want his hats to go to a good home. He always talked about posting them on the lounge first so I thought here would be a good place to ask for help. I don’t know much about hats except for the boss Raw edge because he talked about it all the time!

Here is the hat he wore in the family photo. There are a couple of black hats so I’m not sure which one but would be glad for some input.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Justin was a well-liked and respected contributor here. Your family photo is heartbreakingly beautiful.

I sell a lot of hats…well over 100 a year. I think your best option is to list them on eBay. The Fedora Lounge classifieds don’t usually bring the best prices. I would suggest listing them on eBay and then providing a link to the eBay auction in the classifieds that way you are reaching as large a market as possible.

I pray God blesses your family in this difficult time.

belfastboy

I'll Lock Up
I’m so sorry for your loss. Justin was a well-liked and respected contributor here. Your family photo is heartbreakingly beautiful.

I sell a lot of hats…well over 100 a year. I think your best option is to list them on eBay. The Fedora Lounge classifieds don’t usually bring the best prices. I would suggest listing them on eBay and then providing a link to the eBay auction in the classifieds that way you are reaching as large a market as possible.

I pray God blesses your family in this difficult time.
I have offered to go over, view the hats and help write up descriptions for the listings.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Oh my, I am so sorry to read about your loss. As others have stated better than I, your husband was a well respected member of our virtual group.

The offers from the folks above, particularly Belfastboy and the others, are your best bet to get good advice and a fair assessment of the collection. They fellows will really help.

Hello, I hope this is okay to post here. This is my husband’s account, I think he was quite active on here so I was hoping for some assistance. He passed away suddenly earlier this year, and left behind a collection of about 30 western/Stetson hats. I was wondering if anyone could give me some honest guidance in how to sell his more expensive hats, and also help identifying a hat he wore in our family picture. I have two infant sons so would like to save that particular hat for them. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albert Mannocchi