Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lmrolnik

New in Town
Just like Johnny Depp wore in “Dead Man” it’s a nice style but I think you will have to look at Victorian re-enactment web pages to find that style. With that said, give me a little while to look up a few web pages I know
Johnny
Thanks Johnny for getting back to me so soon. I will check out what you said. Have a great one.

Lmrolnik

New in Town
Just like Johnny Depp wore in “Dead Man” it’s a nice style but I think you will have to look at Victorian re-enactment web pages to find that style. With that said, give me a little while to look up a few web pages I know
Johnny
I just found out it is called an Albert top hat.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Variations on a theme, I suppose. Stiff felt, medium height, straight sides, soft shoulders onto a flat top and a short brim with a D'Orsay curl, I've always called a Cambridge bowler.
https://www.lockhatters.com/products/cambridge

Vintage-Cambridge-hat.jpg

Mine is a custom Cambridge bowler from, IMO the best modern bowler hat maker, Mike Miller at Northwest Hats.
20210610_083737.jpg 20210609_180233.jpg 20210613_073659.jpg 20210609_180204.jpg

Good morning gentleman. I recently have seen a shorter version of a tophat that is flat on top. Are any of you familiar with this type of hat? I would like to get one of these hats to wear with jeans and a t-shirt. I know, I’m strange! It’s just the way I roll. Any info would be terrific. Remember no matter what you face, try not to blow your top-HAT that is.

Northwest Hats might be able to make you one.

https://www.northwesthats.com/top-hat

Good morning gentleman. I recently have seen a shorter version of a tophat that is flat on top. Are any of you familiar with this type of hat? I would like to get one of these hats to wear with jeans and a t-shirt. I know, I’m strange! It’s just the way I roll. Any info would be terrific. Remember no matter what you face, try not to blow your top-HAT that is.

This is a hat that David at VS made that he calls The Coachman. I’m sure the slight flare at the top can left out:

8FEBBA26-39E1-4248-8442-1330A7BFE4AC.jpeg

https://vscustomhats.com/

oble

New in Town
New user here. Can anyone help me identify the hat/ style of hat worn by Daniel Day Lewis in the film ‘The Ballad Of Jack and Rose’? I’ve admired it for a while. Thank you.

daniel-day-lewis-camilla-belle-the-ballad-of-jack-and-rose-2005-BPPG19.jpg

New user here. Can anyone help me identify the hat/ style of hat worn by Daniel Day Lewis in the film ‘The Ballad Of Jack and Rose’? I’ve admired it for a while. Thank you.

daniel-day-lewis-camilla-belle-the-ballad-of-jack-and-rose-2005-BPPG19.jpg
There is nothing special or even identifiable about this hat. It looks like a standard fedora that has been dragged about the block. Likely distressed by the wardrobe mistress of that particular movie. If you provide more screen grabs I can give you an approximation of the dimensions and you can look for an equivalent hat you can distress to match. Or you might locate a custom hatter to replicate.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just Daniel

One Too Many
What size are you? Depending on size you can probably find a pretty decent 50s Open Road that will meet your needs.

The Open Road Guild thread here, the Stetson 3X thread, and the eBay gripes thread have a lot of info and pics to get a great start!

But your hat size is the first key.

Thanks all. Sounds like an open road or campdraft is the way to go. I have no interest in distressing just wearing it day to day. I really appreciate the insight. Makes a new guy here feel welcome.

What size are you? Depending on size you can probably find a pretty decent 50s Open Road that will meet your needs.

The Open Road Guild thread here, the Stetson 3X thread, and the eBay gripes thread have a lot of info and pics to get a great start!

But your hat size is the first key.
That is the thought I had and also I think the OR would have a slightly lower crown.

RonMD

New in Town
cocked hat 1.jpg
cocked hat 5.jpg
cocked hat 6.jpg
Hi and thanks for your knowledge in advance. I have from my parent's estate an old hat. Searching the net, I found some names that could describe it: tricorn, cocked, or colonial, with a plume? It says 3XXX beaver and I understand that. My biggest question is who made it? Can someone identify the logo?

Thanks again for your help,
Ron

View attachment 396082 View attachment 396083 View attachment 396084 Hi and thanks for your knowledge in advance. I have from my parent's estate an old hat. Searching the net, I found some names that could describe it: tricorn, cocked, or colonial, with a plume? It says 3XXX beaver and I understand that. My biggest question is who made it? Can someone identify the logo?

Thanks again for your help,
Ron

That's kind of a nondescript liner logo, and I've never seen it before. Are there any markings on the sweatband? Also, if the sweatband is in good enough condition, you could look behind it, as there are often factory tags affixed to the hat behind the sweatband.

RonMD

New in Town
That's kind of a nondescript liner logo, and I've never seen it before. Are there any markings on the sweatband? Also, if the sweatband is in good enough condition, you could look behind it, as there are often factory tags affixed to the hat behind the sweatband.
Thank you for the info. I'm out of town, so I'll have to look inside the sweatband later. I do have this pic which probably won't help.
cocked hat 7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk