Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
Correction: 8 panel. Commonly referred to as a "Newsboy", or "Baker boy", or "Big Apple" cap. A lot of companies make them these days, so finding one similar to his shouldn't be too difficult. Most are "cheap", some are dirt cheap, a good one should run you in the $30-75 range. I'd recommend looking at Mucros Weavers' caps--they're well made, hold their shape (unless you abuse them), and comfortable as long as you get the right size for you.

Look at you with all that knowledge and stuff!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Hanna Hats of Donegal also makes great, affordable flat caps and panel caps.

20220926_214751.jpg

dkstott

Practically Family

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928-144309_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928-144309_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 16

dkstott

Practically Family
I really like the look of the cap. Wonder how the felted wool will stand up compared to woven tweed?
I reached out to the folks at Gamble & Gunn regarding this cap.

Here's their response about the durability vs tweed;

"It should do well in weather, but tweed is definitely more durable, if it does get wet, please ensure it is dried away from a heat source. I would avoid getting it too wet to be honest to be on the safe side."

belfastboy

I'll Lock Up
I reached out to the folks at Gamble & Gunn regarding this cap.

Here's their response about the durability vs tweed;

"It should do well in weather, but tweed is definitely more durable, if it does get wet, please ensure it is dried away from a heat source. I would avoid getting it too wet to be honest to be on the safe side."
I have a newsboy cap commissioned from AmiCharnel (alas he no longer seems to be making them). It has a waterproof layer between the tweed and the lining. It is my 'go to' foul weather hat and the tweed (Harris) is indestructable. I suspected the felted wool would have some downside. Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobby pin