Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Pretty cool, but Zi have never seen it either :(

Anything inside the sweatband?

Ran across an interesting fedora. I've not seen this logo before. Does anyone have a clue as to what hat maker it might be?

s820714386311372160_p5790_i3_w3024.jpeg

I thought it was an Indiana Jones. Not sure though because the logo looks different than other Indiana Jones hats I've seen.

Thank you

Ted the Chilehead

TedTheChilehead

New in Town
Pretty cool, but Zi have never seen it either :(

Anything inside the sweatband?

No visibility other than this, I just saw this on another website.

Based on magnification, I can tell it's something "generic" as the label says "medium" from a size perspective, and below that has care instructions. But, on one side you can see it sals 100% wool. I was just curious, more about whether anyone had seen the hat maker label.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Dating these hats has become a bit of guesswork. There are a lot of clues. In pieces:
  • I used to think that white label was early 1900s, but then one appeared on a 1930s hat.
  • The unsewn back end of the sweatband is a strong indicator of a pre-1930s hat.
  • I have one with the same liner logo that is probably early 1900-1910s.

If it were my hat I would say it was a 20s hat at the latest, probably early 1900s. Here the crest appears on an early 1900s poster as a special production hat, but no price given:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...ier-ready-for-prime-time.102072/#post-2726845

Talking about current values here gets weird, especially because the person asking for information is usually a seller and those of us giving the information are buyers. And no one wants to be the first one to break the unwritten rule ;)

I’ll go first anyways. This is not too easy in this case. This is a really great hat, but the small size is a huge, huge downside on price that makes the value harder to predict. Here goes:

Not too many old Stetsons break the $200 barrier. While that has become a lot more common these last days, almost all passed this line are 7 1/4 or larger. Sometimes popular models go for higher. A 7 1/4 Select Quality, 20s, rare blue hat just sold for $300 plus.

It is much harder for a 6 7/8 hat to break this barrier. I have a couple of pre-20s hats sized 6 7/8 that I picked up for less than $100 each. Two were on sale for a long time until their prices came down.

But back to the positive side, this is a pretty rare hat. Two bidders might fight for it and it might go higher. We’ve seen it happen several times.

So it is not all that clear…

Last edited:

Just Daniel

One Too Many
As a general rule, hats pre-60s made of fur felt are better quality. Later, wool hats are not too much in demand. If you poke around the site a little you can find pretty good info and more than a handful of folks answer questions every now and again ;)

Based on magnification, I can tell it's something "generic" as the label says "medium" from a size perspective, and below that has care instructions. But, on one side you can see it sals 100% wool. I was just curious, more about whether anyone had seen the hat maker label.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Dating these hats has become a bit of guesswork. There are a lot of clues. In pieces:
  • I used to think that white label was early 1900s, but then one appeared on a 1930s hat.
  • The unsewn back end of the sweatband is a strong indicator of a pre-1930s hat.
  • I have one with the same liner logo that is probably early 1900-1910s.

If it were my hat I would say it was a 20s hat at the latest, probably early 1900s. Here the crest appears on an early 1900s poster as a special production hat, but no price given:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...ier-ready-for-prime-time.102072/#post-2726845

Talking about current values here gets weird, especially because the person asking for information is usually a seller and those of us giving the information are buyers. And no one wants to be the first one to break the unwritten rule ;)

I’ll go first anyways. This is not too easy in this case. This is a really great hat, but the small size is a huge, huge downside on price that makes the value harder to predict. Here goes:

Not too many old Stetsons break the $200 barrier. While that has become a lot more common these last days, almost all passed this line are 7 1/4 or larger. Sometimes popular models go for higher. A 7 1/4 Select Quality, 20s, rare blue hat just sold for $300 plus.

It is much harder for a 6 7/8 hat to break this barrier. I have a couple of pre-20s hats sized 6 7/8 that I picked up for less than $100 each. Two were on sale for a long time until their prices came down.

But back to the positive side, this is a pretty rare hat. Two bidders might fight for it and it might go higher. We’ve seen it happen several times.

So it is not all that clear…
Nice, Daniel!

TedTheChilehead

New in Town
Unfortunately, I'm not able to tell what kind of material this is made of as the photo is of a hat I saw on a website. My curiosity was solely based on the hat maker logo.

I haven’t seen it before. We don’t see a lot of wool brimmed hats of recent manufacture much around here. There is a decided preference for fur felt. I hope you can find what you’re looking for. The few responses are just from no one having an answer for you.

TedTheChilehead

New in Town
I haven’t seen it before. We don’t see a lot of wool brimmed hats of recent manufacture much around here. There is a decided preference for fur felt. I hope you can find what you’re looking for. The few responses are just from no one having an answer for you.

Thanks so much everyone. I wish I had eyes on it personally, but I don't. Appreciate everyone taking a look.

Ted the Chilehead

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Ted, feel free to ask some questions about hats if you are interested, and post some sizes or preferences. We are always looking to add to the forum.

…I started with just one hat.

Thanks so much everyone. I wish I had eyes on it personally, but I don't. Appreciate everyone taking a look.

Ted the Chilehead

Gregory Bouffard

New in Town
Need help determining the age of this Stetson Weekender hat. The sweat band has John B. Stetson Co. Chestnut St. Philadelphia, so I am guessing that it is no newer than 1971 when Stetson moved to Texas. It also has a Union made label. Would this help date it? The sweat band also has the letters C C separated by a diamond symbol. I cant find any information on what this means.
IMG_1968 (1).JPG
IMG_1969 (1).JPG
IMG_1973.JPG
IMG_1968 (1).JPG IMG_1969 (1).JPG IMG_1973.JPG IMG_1968 (1).JPG IMG_1969 (1).JPG IMG_1973.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
You would help yourself a lot by taking complete photos and not cropping them. Show the liner, the sweatband, the tags, etc. Show what’s under the sweat protector.

You are correct in your guesses of age. CC is likely their initials.

Gregory Bouffard

New in Town
Thanks for the info. I am new here so I wasn't sure how to upload the photos as full pictures or thumbnails. I will try to upload some more as thumbnails to see what happens. IMG_1977.JPG IMG_1975.JPG

Lmrolnik

New in Town
Good morning gentleman. I recently have seen a shorter version of a tophat that is flat on top. Are any of you familiar with this type of hat? I would like to get one of these hats to wear with jeans and a t-shirt. I know, I’m strange! It’s just the way I roll. Any info would be terrific. Remember no matter what you face, try not to blow your top-HAT that is.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just like Johnny Depp wore in “Dead Man” it’s a nice style but I think you will have to look at Victorian re-enactment web pages to find that style. With that said, give me a little while to look up a few web pages I know
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot