Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here's a tie website...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Swastikas were a fairly popular symbol of good luck even outside the context of Hinduisim and the NSDAP. Items with them are still somewhat easy to find in many antique shops. I've got a poker chip with one on it and I see them surface often enough that they must have been produced in large numbers. I saw the entire original set in all the different colors with a rotating Bakelite tray recently.

A central repository for golden era hats and related material would be a great thing. I've known of KNOTS for some time now, when I was first getting into vintage, it was a great assist in learning about ties.

Feraud

Bartender
The Wingnut said:
A central repository for golden era hats and related material would be a great thing. I've known of KNOTS for some time now, when I was first getting into vintage, it was a great assist in learning about ties.
We need "picture only" stickies at the top of different rooms where members can post their hats, ties, cufflinks, suits, etc.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
We need "picture only" stickies at the top of different rooms where members can post their hats, ties, cufflinks, suits, etc.

The problem with that....as I see it...is hosting. If its members individual hosting, then you end up with dead photos as members forget they had a link to that picture and move it off their hosting.

Happens in threads (especially the older ones) all the time.

Here's that Cheney Cravats ad.

The pertinent part of the ad. Note that the design was available in red (top left of rope) and blue (bottom left wave, top right wave).

CheneySwastika.jpg

bk

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
propaga(tion)...propaga(nda)...???

Suppose it was a case of some fluffbrained textile designer doodling on a sketchpad after reading the morning paper?
Or did the German Consulates in various cities put out press releases, maybe even a hokey fashion show along the lines of Lucky Strike, to make the American public Hakenkreuz-conscious?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points