Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here's to you Root!!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
A few days ago I was asked, or advised that if I could duplicate the 30's era fedora with center dent, tall crown, 2 3/8" brim that I would sell "a million" of them. Well, I don't want to sell a million Root, but here's the end result.
Crown= 5 7/8
brim= 2 3/8 raw edged
Ribbon 27 ligne ( 2 1/4")
color= Sahara

Think the name Jazzman fits?

Jazzman_side.jpg

Jazzman_front.jpg

Marc, Craig, & LEUII...this is for you also..whatcha think?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Art, you live up to your first name

Your hats transcend mere head wear.
The more I see of your work the more impressed I am.

Very sincerely,
The Wolf

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
It's a Beaut! Either "The Jazzman" or "The 52nd Street" would suit Hat to a Vout!

Doesn't The Book of Isaiah say something along these lines; ...and they shall beat their best raiment out of the belly fur of aquatic rodents? :drum:

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Hemingway Jones said:
That is a powerful hat.

What an excellent way of putting it, HJ. That hat hits the mark very well, especially when you see the comparisons JamesPowers provides with the vintage ads. Great work, Art!

EricH

One of the Regulars
With a hat like the Jazzman you'll never be singing the Blues. I think I might take one though with a Raspberry ribbon and edge binding, perhaps call it a Jelly Roll. After all, it'll have something sweet inside :p lol Eric (Hey don't use up all those pastel pelts, save one for me.)

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Yow, Art, that was quick! I'm impressed...the dimensions are super, a very nice balance. but I agree: a bound brim edge would be very tasty, and a c-dent block like in Wild Root's original post/photo. It certainly has the right profile! I love the name! (Of course, "Ukuleleman" would be better...:)) PM me.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks Gents... Craig, the bound edge would be easy enough to accomplish but I'm a little confused. The pic that Root posted was a center dent with crisp pinches, not a "C" , so I don't quite know where to go with it.
Also, BT, could you clarify what you think is absolutely correct? Not sure what you are agreeing with.

EDIT..just re read your post BT...no clarification needed..Thanks

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Craig Robertson said:
Yow, Art, that was quick! I'm impressed...the dimensions are super, a very nice balance. but I agree: a bound brim edge would be very tasty, and a c-dent block like in Wild Root's original post/photo. It certainly has the right profile! I love the name! (Of course, "Ukuleleman" would be better...:)) PM me.

although Root's illustration had a C-block he requested the hat just with the centre dent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko