Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey Butte - they're back in stock...

BobJ

Practically Family
4ed4a926b92048adbaffa7c99c23b002.jpg

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/welders-jacket.htm?catID=5

BobJ

Practically Family
Have to ask. Do you wear them if you're not a welder?

I don't know about a real welder's jacket, but I suspect the Schott jacket is just styling. It's made from their standard naked cowhide, just with the rough side out, and "with a rustic top finish that will lighten in color as it wears".

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I hadn't realised that welder's jackets had entered the realm of phoney, overpriced workwear for hipster baristas.... oops, why did I write that? What I meant was I didn't know these were a thing. The only welders jacket I have ever seen was worn on Mythbusters by a guy actually welding.

I hadn't realised that welder's jackets had entered the realm of phoney, overpriced workwear for hipster baristas....

Hey, those guys are what the entire Japanese vendágé Americana cosplay biker slash work-wear business relies on. Still not nearly as bad as those prisoner pants. $300 prisoner pants.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I hadn't realised that welder's jackets had entered the realm of phoney, overpriced workwear for hipster baristas.... oops, why did I write that? What I meant was I didn't know these were a thing. The only welders jacket I have ever seen was worn on Mythbusters by a guy actually welding.
You used to be able to get welder's coats in full length (to the knees) but I guess that would be too authentic even for hipsters...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112