Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hickey Freeman Customized suit, 41-42 R-L

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
This is a Hickey-Freeman Customized 2-piece suit from a local high-end men's store here in Louisville. It's not a recent model, as you can see from the label, but the styling is conservative, classic, and not at all dated.

The jacket is single-breasted, 2-button, notch lapel with flap pockets and a center vent. Fabric is a lovely medium-weight wool that is surprisingly soft and smooth. It really feels great. It's a gray and black glen check with blue overchecks; the overall impression of the color (from a distance) is a blueish gray. The jacket is partially lined with contrasting fabric that's a bit wild, but of course that doesn't show when you've got the jacket on. The inside seams in the unlined portions are beautifully finished. Four nonfunctional buttons on each sleeve.

The trousers are flat front and have plain bottoms. Two conventional side pockets, two rear pockets, and a watch pocket in the front right waistband. They're a conservative, straight cut--not overly baggy, but not super-slim, either.

It's a really high-quality suit in a great fabric that drapes beautifully. Fully canvassed, and it looks to me like the lapels are handpadded, but I'm no expert. The buttonholes are all handsewn.

I estimate size at 41 or 42; it's probably a longish Regular or shortish Long jacket length. Please see measurements below for exact sizing.

Jacket
Chest: 45"
Waist: 42"
Length (from bottom of collar) 32"
Shoulders: 18 1/2"
Sleeves: 25 3/4" with 1 1/2" to let down

Trousers
Waist: 36 1/2" with 2" to let out
Inseam: 31 1/2" with 2 3/4" to let down

I'm asking $125 shipped in the continental US; Paypal preferred. PM me if you're interested or have questions.

DSCF5166.jpg
DSCF5172.jpg
DSCF5167.jpg
DSCF5168.jpg
DSCF5171.jpg
DSCF5173.jpg
DSCF5174.jpg
DSCF5175.jpg
DSCF5176.jpg
DSCF5177.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads