Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Notch Leathers (House brand) Izumiya clothing store (Retail store)

Poltung

New in Town
Waldes can be tricky. You need to make sure the male pin is all the way in.
Thanks!
Any advice on how to improve on this? I want a functional jacket that I can zip and unzip easily, not spend hours fiddling with it everytime I need the extra warmth :')

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
IMG_5929.png

Like HM said these Waldes zips can be finicky. The male pin needs to go all the way down for the first teeth to lock in.

However if this still doesn’t work then it’s probably a faulty zip. Seller should have disclosed this as zip replacement is not cheap. And if this is the case I’d get with the seller first. This jacket was from Grail right?

Fit looks really good! The Japanese jackets are cut very very trim. Looks really good though.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Pardon the dumb question, but where/how do you buy these jackets? I can't find them.
I bought mine on the used market.

I don't think he has been making new jackets for a few years now but I could be wrong. From his instagram posts he mainly just repairs jackets now, and sells brand name jackets in his little shop.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
His name is Mr. Yoshikazu Umeno, aka Dr. Needles He has been repairing leather jackets of all brands, Western and Japanese, since 1983.

Before (on the left) / After (on the right)
IMG_9852.jpg

IMG_9855.jpg

IMG_9853.jpg

The whole bottom hem line has been re-patterned and re-stitched. Now it looks like the Lost Angeles Sportogs jacket with button cuffs. Most interesting part of this pattern is its triple pleat back design. Measure as one of the smallest jackets I have but fits the biggest in terms of mobility because the extra 2" extension from either side (plus the center vent). Not only the side vents open up, the center vent opens too. Also even though the torso is vintage short and boxy, the contouring panels give it very different look. LASC magic, pre-war pattern sorcery at its finest.

IMG_8633.JPG

Impeccable needle work and experienced pattern re-work. Better than original. Factory finishing.
IMG_8608.JPG
IMG_8609.JPG

After re-pattern and repair fit pics:
FCL LSC closed.JPG

FCL LSC open.JPG

His Instagram name is uField13, that's where most of his repair projects are documented, from Langlitz/Vanson to RMC/FW and some vintage jackets.
IMG_8637.JPG

A whole new world of possibilities just opened up for me. To be continued...

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
His name is Mr. Yoshikazu Umeno, aka Dr. Needles He has been repairing leather jackets of all brands, Western and Japanese, since 1983.

Before (on the left) / After (on the right)
View attachment 550845
View attachment 550846
View attachment 550847

The whole bottom hem line has been re-patterned and re-stitched. Now it looks like the Lost Angeles Sportogs jacket with button cuffs. Most interesting part of this pattern is its triple pleat back design. Measure as one of the smallest jackets I have but fits the biggest in terms of mobility because the extra 2" extension from either side (plus the center vent). Not only the side vents open up, the center vent opens too. Also even though the torso is vintage short and boxy, the contouring panels give it very different look. LASC magic, pre-war pattern sorcery at its finest.

View attachment 550848

Impeccable needle work and experienced pattern re-work. Better than original. Factory finishing.
View attachment 550849 View attachment 550850

After re-pattern and repair fit pics:
View attachment 550851
View attachment 550852

His Instagram name is uField13, that's where most of his repair projects are documented, from Langlitz/Vanson to RMC/FW and some vintage jackets.
View attachment 550853

A whole new world of possibilities just opened up for me. To be continued...
1696756502857.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana