Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Quality Bucket Hat?

MikePotts

Practically Family
I'm an old but still active tennis player. My dermatologist has given me the hard word concerning pre cancerous ear grunge.
I have already purchased "Polo" brand hats in 'pique' and poplin/cotton material....anything classier out there for a trendy old fart?

RJR

I'm an old but still active tennis player. My dermatologist has given me the hard word concerning pre cancerous ear grunge.
I have already purchased "Polo" brand hats in 'pique' and poplin/cotton material....anything classier out there for a trendy old fart?

I suspect that many of us would suggest Tilley type hats,the model depending on the brim you like.
Hat-Tilley LTM 5.jpg Hat-Conner Boatyard 1.jpg
Here are a Tilley and a Conner;the white with green underbrim might work well for tennis.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Thanks Bob, I'd forgotten about Tilley's. I'll see if they have something that will work. Forgot to mention that it'll need to be washed pretty often...kinda sweaty down here in South Central Texas :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Anyone know who makes a high quality cotton bucket hat? Tilley hats are not what I am looking for.

I'm after a classic 1960's bucket hat with a 2.5 inch brim and made from a high quality drill or cotton twill that will last longer than 2 or 3 seasons.

There was a great one made by the Watership Trading Co in the 1990's, in an indestructible 15 oz cotton drill. Now defunct.

Dm101

A-List Customer
My Old "Propper" boonie/bucket hat is pretty tough.
It's been hiking, climbing, deployed overseas with me, survived the desert, working on cars and climbing thru tunnels.
Not bad at all...

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Like the photo I posted above. Not wax ones - too hot.

The Dorfman is a good vintage look but I'm not sure they fold well.

2.5 inch brim. Cotton. Properly made.

Here's another photo but I am open to variations to this. Overall I am after a high quality, over engineered version of this kind of hat. Most of these are made cheaply like t-shirts, to be worn a couple of seasons and discarded.

Kmart bucket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112