Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Raod to China

Ken

A-List Customer
Just saw the movie 'High Road to China' and am quite taken with Tom Selleck's leather flying coat. Excuse my ignorance, but what does one call such a coat and where would I pick one up?

A70-3345

Ken

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Hey, Ken! Baggers has something very similar. I think it is a Barnstormer from Aero Leather. Selleck's is a bit longer, but that shouldn't be too hard to get.

What a great movie, too! I haven't seen that in years. Bess Armstrong...yowza!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Selleck was cast as Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark.............

..................but the Magnum P.I. producers wouldn't allow him the time off. :eusa_doh:

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
Great Movie

This is one of my all time favorite Selleck movies.
Worth a look see for those whom haven't seen it.

And Eastman Leather has a similar jacket for sale.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He's doing a bang up job in the TV movies of Robert Parker's Jesse Stone novels.

I think he's one of those actors who wasn't so much typecast as Magnum as he was considered only a TV draw. I liked him in High Road and Quigley and Lassiter. He was let down by the material, not his ability.

vintage68

Practically Family
Hey Ken,

There's an article in the Nov/Dec issue of Men's Vogue, page 122, describing the wardrobe of Charles Lindbergh. In it they picture a photograph of the leather jacket he originally wore, by Abercrombie & Finch of all things(pre-navel gazing period), and the modern take on it by Polo Ralph Lauren. Might wanna take a gander when you have a moment, it's really a very good magazine.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
vintage68 said:
by Abercrombie & Finch of all things(pre-navel gazing period)

The original A&F was the world's preeminent purveyor of sporting goods. They could fix you up with clothing and equipment for a shoot in Scotland or Africa as well as fishing in Canada. The Madison Ave. store had a shooting range and a casting pond, on the roof.

carebear

Tomasso said:
The original A&F was the world's preeminent purveyor of sporting goods. They could fix you up with clothing and equipment for a shoot in Scotland or Africa as well as fishing in Canada. The Madison Ave. store had a shooting range and a casting pond, on the roof.

A shooting range on the roof? That seems a little negligent. :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
carebear said:
A shooting range on the roof? That seems a little negligent. :D

I noticed the ambiguity of that line right after I wrote it, nevertheless I pressed the submit button. I'm lazy.[huh]

carebear

Tomasso said:
I noticed the ambiguity of that line right after I wrote it, nevertheless I pressed the submit button. I'm lazy.[huh]

That's what I figured. I just have a hard time letting easy gags go by. :D

Ken

A-List Customer
Hey thats a pretty good match so it is - thanks!

I think ebay seems a good bet. This civilian coat looks great, but whats the official name of the actual coat does anyone know so I can try ebaying that?

Ken

IndyBlues

New in Town
PM sent, Ken. think I found you a match!
'Blues

EDIT: TRIED to send a PM here, your box is full,....empty it, MAN!!
Sent it over at COW.

Wyoming Jade

New in Town
Tom Selleck

I agree, I enjoyed his work in the roles he's done. Not to get political but I've heard his political views have played a part in why he hasn't done "Greater" things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff