Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Sierra Cop Jacket(updated with pics)

Sam Cox

Familiar Face
Can anyone help with some decent photos of the pale brown leather jacket worn by the fat cop at the end of High Sierra??
Its A2 style with smaller higher pockets??
Thanks
Sam
ive added a link to the jacket i had made
this was 1st post about a hundred years ago

Sam Cox

Familiar Face
Thanks for the welcome
Things are running smooth downunder
My next jacket project is going slow however
anyone??
Thanks again
Sam

Sam Cox

Familiar Face

Feraud

Bartender
Wow! That is an awesome jacket from a great movie! Does the chest pocket (D-shaped one) function like the one in the film? Whoever made it did an outstanding job.

HIGH_SIERRA-19.jpg

Sam Cox

Familiar Face
Woh
quick with screen cap
the spacing on the film jacket is differant but the size of the dude is very different to me
the open map/pistol pocket functions as per the film one
i got a little tired of my A2 and Indy stuff ( and it doesnt ever get cold enough to wear the B3 ) so i thought i would take a stab at one of my favourite film jackets
a little obscure but you only live once
sam

Feraud

Bartender
The map/pistol pocket makes the jacket! The spacing looks fine considering the overall look of the jacket. Can you tell me a little more about the leather type, color (russet?), who made it? You could be starting a High Sierra trend..;)

Sam Cox

Familiar Face
Gday
I went into Mars Leathers (Melbourne,Australia) with an A2 in hand (RMNZ Roughwear) and some screen grabs and a hand drawn diagram
i flipped thru the leather samples and selected a reddish brown ( i would guess the film jacket is a yellow honey brown) cowhide with a smooth light grain
if you check my other threads in the jacket section you will see some other Mars custom jackets
regards
Sam

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
High Sierra is one of my favorite Bogart flicks. That is a very cool jacket you have there.

Sam Cox

Familiar Face

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points