Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HIMEL BROS "CHEVALIER"

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Disclaimer : pardon my English, I didnt use any translator...

Considering I got this jacket early april, it's high time i eventually write a review about it !

First of all, this is not my first Himel bros Jacket : 3 years ago I got myself this amazing Avro 2tone, which I love (but must let go because i want to order a new one with more generous measures;-)

And I've always been a fan of Himels work and philosophy.

Dave has been creating new patterns for few years now and I've always been attracted by the Buco J31 Topflite, or the early Leathertogs aviation jacket, inspired by 19th century militay uniforms : A very assymetrical closure, and a cossack collar.

Dave Himel's take on this model is overenlighted by this gorgeous design at the back, and of course the quality of his leathers, and of the craftsmanship.

I had my doubt, wondering what the jacket would look like when open, but after sneacking for pictures of it over the web and Himelbros's FB page, I decided to take the risk.

So, I contacted the Master, gave him my updated measures, and he responded very promply. I had a business travel planned in april to Toronto, and asked him if I could come over and pick up my jacket, which he agreed.

The jacket was finished on schedule (just before his team of craftsmen would go for several weeks on vacation!)

I came to Toronto and Dave was very welcoming, friendly and nice (eventhough he could'nt help but notice I was wearing a S....t jacket when I arrived, and demonstated me how awfully it was built and what a crappy leather it was made of:-D)

We had a wonderfull time speaking af all sort of things including jackets, and he gave me THE jacket, fitted me in it and it was just perfect !

All measures I gave him were ok, and the Chevalier fits me like a second skin !

I ordered it in dark brown Shinki with brass hardware all over. David even added an inside pocket, which is useful, as the jacket has a very « sober » pattern.
I asked for his japanese wool lining.
himelchevalier18.jpg
himelchevalier19.jpg
himelchevalier6.jpg
himelchevalier1.jpg
himelchevalier13.jpg
himelchevalier10.jpg
himelchevalier11.jpg
himelchevalier8.jpg
himelchevalier9.jpg
himelchevalier7.jpg

I wore it during all my journey to Canada, and had nothing but compliments about it, and how beautifull it is. I'm very lucky to work as an artist, and so not having to worry about social conventions. I gladly wear uncasual stuff, and feel good about it.

Bug enough talk, let the pictures speak by themselves.

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
Very beautiful indeed. Is it for riding?
I like my SB, leather and build quality as good as any.

This jacket combines so many interesting features from others, near CR collar, cross zip lapels, half belt(ish) back and false cuff sleeves... I think my favorite feature is the chest zip placements. I really like this pattern. It suits you very well man enjoy it!!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Wow and double wow. I love that style... it's so different in a "good" way. I wish I could wear it and pull it off! Amazing! Thanks sooooo much for sharing your pics/review of the jacket. Congratulations on a great build!!!!!

Worf

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The jacket fits you perfectly and the workmanship of it is amazing! Congratulations! I love the whole back design and the front is very unique, too. Reminds me a bit of the Swedish biking jackets, just with a zip instead of buttons.. I wonder whether that actually is where the maker got his inspiration.. Great stuff!

Edit; Jesus.. that leather colour.. beautiful! Perfect shade of brown!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow! That looks amazing. Just enough style and flair to attract positive attention without being over the top and too showy.

You look at it and even someone who knows nothing about leather jackets or styles could tell there is something special about it!

I probably couldn't pull it off but it looks great on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto