Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros jacket, 1st winter update

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lol actually he didn’t delete all his comments he just blocked my Reddit account. Wow for a second i thought he was making a smart move. Lol he Just left all that up for everyone to see. How embarrassing as a brand.

This is more like his typical approach as far as we have seen.

There are elements of his points I might have had sympathy for (like people being happy with a product then deciding quite a while later that it was faulty) if his own marketing wasn’t based on things like posting pictures of Aero jackets with comments about poor construction and stitch count. If his own marketing and persona was based on “I just really love this stuff” or even just ”My stuff is the best” without the side dose of “everyone else’s product is filth”, people wouldn't expect him to hold to the perfection standard.

Lost Worlds does the same strategy but they seem to be able to back it up more (not that I think Stu’s rants about other makers are any more valid than Himel’s). Both makers seem to have a history of people receiving either amazing customer service or hideously bad customer service, with little in between.

EDIT: Typo.

I wouldn't compare these two brands at all, Stuart writes in his own style on his website, but he's not bullying customers on forums or making hundreds of videos promoting his brand. He's on the contrary very discrete on the internet - at least since I discovered LW.

When he realized Thedi makes a better jacket.

More likely, when customers started realising Thedi makes a better jacket.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
This is more like his typical approach as far as we have seen.

I wouldn't compare these two brands at all, Stuart writes in his own style on his website, but he's not bullying customers on forums or making hundreds of videos promoting his brand. He's on the contrary very discrete on the internet - at least since I discovered LW.

More likely, when customers started realising Thedi makes a better jacket.
Stuart has a PhD in English Literature (or at least significant graduate work towards a PhD) . He is an excellent writer.
Himel, on the other hand, is borderline illiterate. I can barely read his posts.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Ah, got it! Is Carl wearing a Thedi?
Yep, that's a Thedi.

IMG_1335.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

You’re not wrong about that, and like I said he can actually back it up with his stuff. That was my point, really, that if you have bluster you need to be able to deliver.

That said I have heard of cases of him blacklisting customers over posting their bad experiences and things like that.

Stuart has a PhD in English Literature (or at least significant graduate work towards a PhD) . He is an excellent writer.
Himel, on the other hand, is borderline illiterate. I can barely read his posts.

Yeah, LW copy (even the insults!) is fun to read. Himel’s posts make my eyes hurt.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
You’re not wrong about that, and like I said he can actually back it up with his stuff. That was my point, really, that if you have bluster you need to be able to deliver.

That said I have heard of cases of him blacklisting customers over posting their bad experiences and things like that.

Yeah, LW copy (even the insults!) is fun to read. Himel’s posts make my eyes hurt.
Yep, you're a writer, so you dig it. Well-written stuff. Boulevardiers, lol. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana