Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Cafe Racer size 44

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The actual label is size 46 but fits closer to a size 44.
Purchased last year.
Made of a thicker than average Himel sourced Shinki. It is actually as thick as my new Freewheelers Mulholland.

Worn approximately 5 hours but I did place it in my dryer, tumble NO HEAT for a total of about 15 hours to "break it in". The dryer tumble resulted in the tea core effect.

Measures are displayed in the photos. Please ask if you would like different photo's taken or have questions.

Below is information on the brown oil-tanned leather used straight from Himel Bro's website description. I am selling because the shade of brown does not work perfectly for me. I paid $2600 usd last year for this. Asking $1500 or best offer.

The smell is the distinctive leathery smell of shinki mimosa tanned HH. The leather is then lightly pigment finished with a coating of oil and wax to give a glossy top coat that dulls over time with wear. The base colour will show through due to the natural mimosa colour of the leather underneath the top coat. The leather feels heavier to the hand due to the weight of the drum dye and the oils and waxes embued in the top coat. The leather is typically 1.2 to 1.3 mm or (2.5 to 2.75 oz) and can come smooth or grainy. Like all vegetable tanned leather fully shrunken grains will pop up and create ripples over time especially after getting wet that will mould the jacket to the wearer and develop character.

Attachments

• IMG_8802.jpg
    IMG_8802.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_8803.jpg
    IMG_8803.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 517
  • IMG_8804.jpg
    IMG_8804.jpg
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_8805.jpg
    IMG_8805.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 517
  • IMG_8806.jpg
    IMG_8806.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 833
  • IMG_8807.jpg
    IMG_8807.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 832
  • IMG_8808.jpg
    IMG_8808.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 828
  • IMG_8809.jpg
    IMG_8809.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 834
  • IMG_8810.jpg
    IMG_8810.jpg
    756.1 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_8811.jpg
    IMG_8811.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 812

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
The actual label is size 46 but fits closer to a size 44.
Purchased last year.
Made of a thicker than average Himel sourced Shinki. It is actually as thick as my new Freewheelers Mulholland.

Worn approximately 5 hours but I did place it in my dryer, tumble NO HEAT for a total of about 15 hours to "break it in". The dryer tumble resulted in the tea core effect.

Measures are displayed in the photos. Please ask if you would like different photo's taken or have questions.

Below is information on the brown oil-tanned leather used straight from Himel Bro's website description. I am selling because the shade of brown does not work perfectly for me. I paid $2600 usd last year for this. Asking $1500 or best offer.

The smell is the distinctive leathery smell of shinki mimosa tanned HH. The leather is then lightly pigment finished with a coating of oil and wax to give a glossy top coat that dulls over time with wear. The base colour will show through due to the natural mimosa colour of the leather underneath the top coat. The leather feels heavier to the hand due to the weight of the drum dye and the oils and waxes embued in the top coat. The leather is typically 1.2 to 1.3 mm or (2.5 to 2.75 oz) and can come smooth or grainy. Like all vegetable tanned leather fully shrunken grains will pop up and create ripples over time especially after getting wet that will mould the jacket to the wearer and develop character.
Thats fire brother! I bet this would fit me like a dream...... I would hate to buy this and then see you post the black one or the Mulholland- that would break my heart. Im holding aces..... question is what are you holding?

sweetfights

Thats fire brother! I bet this would fit me like a dream...... I would hate to buy this and then see you post the black one or the Mulholland- that would break my heart. Im holding aces..... question is what are you holding?

LOL. Brother, all I know is that the Mulholland and black Kensington are staying with me but we all know nothing is sacred around here!

sweetfights

To those interested, since the shoulder to shoulder is 20 inches be advised the sleeve length will have a tendency to fit longer.

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
I keep looking at the free throw line like I'm JORDAN.......im fixing to jump

Think of it more like when Jordan shot free throws with his eyes closed and just go for it. ;)

It's so very tempting. Sleeve length is a reason for pause. That and the obvious cash spend. Sleeves may be too long for me. I tend to like my sleeves a little on the shorter side. 20" shoulders is within range for me but does usually mean the sleeves fit longer.

@sweetfights can you add some perspective on your measurements and how the jacket fits? And/or do you have any fit pics? These racing shirt style jackets can be unforgiving with fit. I have a 44" chest measurement. Add a little for a shirt. How close to a 44" do you think this actually fits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112