Himel Cafe Racer size 44

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by sweetfights, May 24, 2021.

1. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

The actual label is size 46 but fits closer to a size 44.
    Purchased last year.
    Made of a thicker than average Himel sourced Shinki. It is actually as thick as my new Freewheelers Mulholland.

Worn approximately 5 hours but I did place it in my dryer, tumble NO HEAT for a total of about 15 hours to "break it in". The dryer tumble resulted in the tea core effect.

Measures are displayed in the photos. Please ask if you would like different photo's taken or have questions.

Below is information on the brown oil-tanned leather used straight from Himel Bro's website description. I am selling because the shade of brown does not work perfectly for me. I paid $2600 usd last year for this. Asking $1500 or best offer.

The smell is the distinctive leathery smell of shinki mimosa tanned HH. The leather is then lightly pigment finished with a coating of oil and wax to give a glossy top coat that dulls over time with wear. The base colour will show through due to the natural mimosa colour of the leather underneath the top coat. The leather feels heavier to the hand due to the weight of the drum dye and the oils and waxes embued in the top coat. The leather is typically 1.2 to 1.3 mm or (2.5 to 2.75 oz) and can come smooth or grainy. Like all vegetable tanned leather fully shrunken grains will pop up and create ripples over time especially after getting wet that will mould the jacket to the wearer and develop character.

Attached Files:

jonbuilder, JMax, photo2u and 3 others like this.
  2. J Leather Investigater

J Leather Investigater One Too Many

Thats fire brother! I bet this would fit me like a dream...... I would hate to buy this and then see you post the black one or the Mulholland- that would break my heart. Im holding aces..... question is what are you holding?

jonbuilder and sweetfights like this.
  3. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Wow.

This is a pretty amazing jacket...

sweetfights likes this.
  4. technovox

technovox One Too Many

Absolutely Beautiful! GLWS!!

sweetfights likes this.
  5. sweetfights

LOL. Brother, all I know is that the Mulholland and black Kensington are staying with me but we all know nothing is sacred around here!

jonbuilder likes this.
  6. Rain_City

Rain_City New in Town

Also waiting for one of these in black to pop up. But this brown is sweet!

sweetfights likes this.
  7. sweetfights

To this day my go-to jacket for the motorcycle is the Grail Langlitz I purchased from you.
    Irreplaceable!!

Psant25 and technovox like this.
  8. FlatCap99

FlatCap99 One of the Regulars

Wow, the color variance on this jacket is amazing! This probably shouldn't take long to sell.

sweetfights likes this.
  9. oskar

oskar One of the Regulars

I take it. Send a pm
    My dream jacket :D

10. technovox

technovox One Too Many

Glad it's found a good home!
    And same here- my standard motorcycle riding jacket is my custom made padded Langlitz.

sweetfights likes this.
  11. sweetfights

Himel sleeve length.jpg
    To this day my go-to jacket for the motorcycle is the Grail Langlitz I purchased from you.
    Irreplaceable!!

12. sweetfights

What is amazing to me is that a horsehide jacket made well over 50 years ago still smells amazing and serves so very well.

technovox likes this.
  13. Moontanning

Moontanning One of the Regulars

Beautiful. My wallet is breathing a sigh of relief to be later to read this than @oskar

sweetfights likes this.
  14. sweetfights

Waiting to hear back regarding sleeve length.

15. oskar

oskar One of the Regulars

Sadly the sleeves are too short. Its is back on the market.
    @Moontanning

sweetfights likes this.
  16. sweetfights

To those interested, since the shoulder to shoulder is 20 inches be advised the sleeve length will have a tendency to fit longer.

17. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 A-List Customer

Good luck with the sale. It’s a beautiful jacket:)

sweetfights likes this.
  18. J Leather Investigater

J Leather Investigater One Too Many

I keep looking at the free throw line like I'm JORDAN.......im fixing to jump

19. Jrolfe

Jrolfe A-List Customer

Perfection. If I had the mullah right now it would be sold!!!

20. Moontanning

Moontanning One of the Regulars

Think of it more like when Jordan shot free throws with his eyes closed and just go for it. ;)

It's so very tempting. Sleeve length is a reason for pause. That and the obvious cash spend. Sleeves may be too long for me. I tend to like my sleeves a little on the shorter side. 20" shoulders is within range for me but does usually mean the sleeves fit longer.

@sweetfights can you add some perspective on your measurements and how the jacket fits? And/or do you have any fit pics? These racing shirt style jackets can be unforgiving with fit. I have a 44" chest measurement. Add a little for a shirt. How close to a 44" do you think this actually fits?

sweetfights likes this.