Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Frobisher

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For over a year, I have been urging Dave Himel to make a simple half belt. Finally, earlier this year, Dave acquiesced to my pestering and introduced the Frobisher. I tried on Dave’s sample Frobisher at Inspiration and immediately fell in love it. The sample, however, was a bit short for me. Therefore, I added one inch to both the body and the sleeve length (I also asked for leather facing).

Dave is offering the Frobisher in Victoria HH, Steer and Goat. The sample Frobisher was in Goat, and it was a terrific weight. That said, I personally prefer Shinki. Dave graciously agreed to make me a Frobisher in Shinki (and he will do the same for others – unfortunately, the price is higher than for the other hides).

I received my Frobisher last week. As always, Himel’s workmanship is superlative. Every detail is well thought out and wonderfully executed. The stitching around the pockets – the back seams and vent – the side straps – are all stellar (to be clear, not perfect, but nevertheless exceptional).

Most importantly, the fit is incredible. The body has an ever so slight hour glass cut, such that it follows the lines of my body and has a trim fit, yet without binding or creasing, and without an excessive lower spread. It fits as though it was custom made for me (Ps: my left arm is 1.5 inches longer than my right arm -- I need to start ordering jackets with different length sleeves).

I am so pleased with this jacket that I have asked Dave for some brown leather samples and, in all likelihood, I will order a brown Frobisher in the next couple of weeks.

Himel%20Frobisher%20012_zpsqfwrqh6e.jpg

Himel%20Frobisher%20016_zpssjxtqee5.jpg

Himel%20Frobisher%20014_zpszktk7ljk.jpg

Himel%20Frobisher%20024_zps7zhuhtho.jpg

Himel%20Frobisher%20013_zpsvmf979po.jpg

Himel%20Frobisher%20021_zpsej6fkjms.jpg

Himel%20Frobisher%20010_zpsgfqo2lv9.jpg

Jägernaut

Practically Family
I dont think ive ever seen a more perfect fitting jacket. There is no bagginess anywhere. Thats especially impressive when looking at the back. Its just beautiful. Well done, man!

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Is the hh price listed in his catalog the shinki price or italian hh price? $1875 i believe it was.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Great jacket and fit as expected from Himel Bros. Would love to see some more images in a couple of months when the newness has gone. Is it just Superfluous's arm length difference and/or also his shoulder? The right shoulder seems to sit lower than the left. I have a similar issue with my left arm shorter than the right due to a football injury many years ago.

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many
I like this a lot - trim fitting, well made, understated half-belt. I love to see a jacket that drapes cleanly from the neck and shoulders, no ugly creases running down the front panels, a sure sign of a very well tailored pattern. A definite winner, if you can afford it, ouch!

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I'm new to this jacket malarkey having accidentally dropped in from the hat forum. My first visit was an accident but I keep coming back and have bought my first jackets!

So a newbie and my opinion may therefore have little merit, but that is one of the nicest jackets I've seen. Lovely.

bn1966

I'm new to this jacket malarkey having accidentally dropped in from the hat forum. My first visit was an accident but I keep coming back and have bought my first jackets!

So a newbie and my opinion may therefore have little merit, but that is one of the nicest jackets I've seen. Lovely.

Welcome to the exciting, expensive, frustrating but wonderful world of jackets :)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That looks very nice! I am not usually a fan of the single point back yokes, but this all works so well together!

Two questions come to mind:

- What level of customization do they offer? Can one taper the bottom hem and chose arm and back length?

- Do people actually order jackets with different arms length for each arm? My girlfriend has like you a pretty big difference between her arms length, and we were wondering if specifying different length was actually a thing.

Superfluous

Two questions come to mind:

- What level of customization do they offer? Can one taper the bottom hem and chose arm and back length?

- Do people actually order jackets with different arms length for each arm? My girlfriend has like you a pretty big difference between her arms length, and we were wondering if specifying different length was actually a thing.

Himel offers some customization, but I am not sure how far he will go.

I have never asked a manufacturer about different length arms, but I don't see why it can't be done.

How much customization did they done?

The only customization I asked for on the Frobisher was extra length in the body and arms, leather facing, and a leather pull on the main zip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff