Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holiday Decor

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
I'm sorry if there is a thread about this, I looked and couldn't find anything. I wanted to see if anyone else in the Lounge decorated their house seasonally while trying to keep with the era of their overall decor. I always try to keep a pre-1950's feel to my seasonal decor, but I'm always looking for inspiration. So how about it anyone else decorate for seasons other than Christmas, or including Christmas?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I do decorate seasonally, but not with a vintage flair.

December/January/February-mostly blue and white, snowflakes, and snowmen. My tree is my only Christmas decoration. In February I put Valentine decor.

March/April/May-St Patrick's Day (all of March) and Easter in April or May (depending on when it falls. Sometimes March!).

June/July/August-Red, white, and blue. I put it all out Memorial Day weekend and it stays up until Labor Day. Lots of flags, stars, ect.

September/October/November-Autumn colors, Halloween, Thanksgiving

I have a grapevine wreath for my front door that I put fake flowers in and change them out according to the season. I have a lot of small items that I scatter throughout the house so that it's not overwhelming, but you can definitely tell it's there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk