Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holiday Viewing Recommendations

Kim_B

Practically Family
I am almost ashamed to admit this, but I have never seen the original (or the remakes, come to think of it) It's a Wonderful Life, or Miracle on 34th Street, or White Christmas let alone all the others you've mentioned. :eek:
I've seen the classic Christmas animated shows (Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph, etc) and I love Charlie Brown Christmas and Garfield's Christmas as well as The Christmas Story.

It is a family tradition to watch Christmas Vacation at my mom's annual Christmas party...we know the movie by heart and recite all the funny lines. It's really great fun!

olive bleu

One Too Many
I love all the heart-warming children's shows...I just watched"Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas" with my sister the other night..Terribly cute!!:)

funneman

Practically Family
Colorized

I really enjoyned watching the colorized version of "Miracle on 34th Street" on AMC the 0ther night.

William Frawley's green three piece suit was a treat and I was amazed at the number of black fedoras on the men. Maybe because it was winter?

The advantage of seeing those gtreat clothes in color far outweighed my outrage at the colorizing of a classic.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
funneman said:
I really enjoyned watching the colorized version of "Miracle on 34th Street" on AMC the 0ther night.

William Frawley's green three piece suit was a treat and I was amazed at the number of black fedoras on the men. Maybe because it was winter?

The advantage of seeing those gtreat clothes in color far outweighed my outrage at the colorizing of a classic.

Aren't the people who add color "guessing" at what they may have been? If the guy with the crayons thinks all fedoras were black at the time, then they'll all be black in the film.

How does that work anyway?

Feraud

Bartender
Down with colorized movies!!

You are absolutely correct scotrace. Exactly how would someone know what color tie or fedora they are looking at in a B&W film? Even with a decent sized vintage hat and tie collection I cannot guess.

GOK

One Too Many
Feraud said:
Down with colorized movies!!

You are absolutely correct scotrace. Exactly how would someone know what color tie or fedora they are looking at in a B&W film? Even with a decent sized vintage hat and tie collection I cannot guess.

Depends if there are wardrobe notes or not. When I worked as wardrobe mistress, I had a book for each production that detailed right down to someone's socks exactly what they were wearing. These were accompanied by preliminary, secondary and final drawings, photos and notes. So it is altogether possible that for films, there are similar records.

Or the colourizer makes an educated guess! :p

Girl Friday

Practically Family
White Christmas... of course, at the Lakewood Theatre.

But also, a few Christmases ago, my little sister had never seen Casablanca, so we all sat down and watched it, kind of think it should be a tradition now.

"...I was misinformed."

Greatness!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" the other night. Really, just one of the best movies ever.
george%20lassos%20moon.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails