Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy Grail Vintage Suit: Stroller/ Black Lounge Suit

Salieri

One of the Regulars
There have been a couple of threads along these lines about amazing suits recently, but I think personally this bespoke 1948, 3-button peaked lapel black lounge with double breasted waistcoat is just about one of the best suits I have ever seen. More pictures to come (when the light improves)

SDC16997.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
This suit is absolutely outstanding. I love the way that postwar British waistcoats had lapels with such 'belly' to them! It's a great kind of swagger. "War's over! Show some bloomin' fabric!"

Congratulations on a wonderful find, Salieri ... and thanks so much for taking the time and effort to share it with all of us. Your win is our win.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I love strollers! They are a way of going semi-formal in the daytime but almost no one else will know because they look so much like a black odd jacket with a vest. Another fine thing about them is that the vest can be one of a number of different colors (depending on how formal the wearer is). Buff is traditional as it grey but I see no difficulty with brighter hues on sunny days. Great suit, Salieri!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Very nice! I've been looking for a vintage stroller/black lounge for quite some time, but alas in 44 it is a long road...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto