Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Dry Cleaning

Okay, I really am fed up with dry cleaners by this point. Now I'm just getting my clothes back in the exact condition brought them in. If I don't point out every stain, it doesn't get cleaned. Shouldn't these people have an eye for stains? Criminy, that's all they do all day - deal with stains. You would think it second nature at some point.

I see a lot of stain removing kits these days, designed for dry clean-only items, but has anyone used one that actually worked?

Regards,

Senator Jack

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've used the Dryel system. It's not bad. It removes stains just fine, and has a fresh scent. It's also really easy to use. Just place the stain remover directly to the area of the stain. Put up to 4 (it may be more, but I don't like to overload) items into the dryer bag, place it in the dryer and tumble, amount of time depends on what you are cleaning. It's good in a fix, when you don't want to wait for a few days to get something back.
Also, as a stain remover Tide To Go works amazing, if you are just looking for stain remover.

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
Tide 2 Go is amazing, and it costs around $3.50 a pen, so I buy alot of them and keep them all over the place. It works wonders on most stains, especially if they are hit quick. I also just got a Whirlpool Fabric refresher http://www.whirlpool.co.uk:80/thumb...1621315000/DG20050236.jpg?sizeh=335&sizew=382 and it's great. It doesn't get rid of stains, but it does get rid of odurs and relaxes wrinkles in wool. With Tide 2 Go as my spot-cleaner, and the Refresher for refreshing, I successfully put off dry-cleaning for longer than before. Next is a good steam press, I would love suits always looking right from the cleaners.

Barry

Practically Family
Briscoeteque said:
With Tide 2 Go as my spot-cleaner, and the Refresher for refreshing, I successfully put off dry-cleaning for longer than before. Next is a good steam press, I would love suits always looking right from the cleaners.

:arated:

I learned about the refresher here on the FL and it is great. My trousers last 3x as long before the next dry cleaning. They typically come out without wrinkles and smell "fresh" too. It's probably one of the best investments I have ever made. I use it all the time. All it takes is a little distlled water and it is good to go.

Barry

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I actually met a man the other day who said that he has never ever dry cleaned his suit before in the 20 years he had owned it. He only used water to remove stains on the suit and only sent it to the cleaners to get it pressed. Is this pretty much how sponging/pressing worked?

Splurged for the Whirlpool Fresher today. $199 online and free shipping. Since I bought the Steamfast presser a few months ago, my dry cleaning bills have gone way down. I now do all my shirts in the laundry and press them myself. $1.25 for as many as I can get in the machine as opposed to the $3.00 each I was paying to have the cleaners ruin them.

I figure at $10 bucks a suit for the cleanings, just to have them smell fresh, this thing will pay for itself in a few months. Now I have to pick up the Tide2Go for the spots.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
You paid $199 for the Whirlpool? I paid $250; maybe they've gone down. I'm still glad I got it--I don't know how I got along without it before.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Dryel

Daisy Buchanan said:
I've used the Dryel system. It's not bad. It removes stains just fine, and has a fresh scent. It's also really easy to use. Just place the stain remover directly to the area of the stain. Put up to 4 (it may be more, but I don't like to overload) items into the dryer bag, place it in the dryer and tumble, amount of time depends on what you are cleaning. It's good in a fix, when you don't want to wait for a few days to get something back.
Also, as a stain remover Tide To Go works amazing, if you are just looking for stain remover.

I've tried the Dryel system as well but have found it to be no replacement for the real thing. The press, starch and other services that you get from a dry cleaner just can't be met with this type of system. I do however like the scent of the Dryel. ;)

Jon

Dietrich

New in Town
For day-to-day freshening of my suits, I hang that day's suit up in the bathroom when I shower and the steam in the room takes out the wrinkles and smoke odor. I have them properly pressed a couple of times a year and only have them dry-cleaned if they're really grubby, otherwise relying of sponging to remove light stains. I launder and iron my own shirts as professional cleaners are usually far too rough with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk