Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horsehide Levis Type 1 "Buckleback" Jacket

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
Just received this in the mail! I'm quite pleased thus far with the overall quality and style of the garment. I purchased it through ebay from the seller anianinet and really had no idea beyond the generic and somewhat blurry photos provided. Although, I noticed the hanger the jacket was on was a Y'2 Leather and that indeed the buttons on the jacket were a match with Y'2 Leather's jacket as well. I took a chance and made an offer I found reasonable and low and behold they accepted. The seller claimed vegetable tanned aniline horsehide (something Y'2 Leathers offers) "Generic Brand" with a genuine leather tag and a blank leather tag near the collar. It has an interior map pocket and smells like new leather. I just wonder how it will crease up? Tantalizingly I'm sure. My impression of the leather is its stiff but not very heavy, the package was just over a kilo I believe. Its for lack of a better word...plastic like in appearance, which I have felt about chromexel horsehide as well, except I can see the grain and imperfection of the leather and it's smell is unmistakable. Nice cotton lining and stitch work seems solid so far. For a quarter of the price of popular Japanese brands I give you this...also from Japan!
0621181345-01.jpeg
0621181350a-01.jpeg
0621181351-01.jpeg
0621181350b-01.jpeg
0621181352-01.jpeg
0621181352a-01.jpeg
0621181457-01.jpeg
0621181458b-01.jpeg
0621181459-01.jpeg

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
5F040C5F-1E5C-4C90-AA8D-B232949FB6CA.jpeg
That looks like one I had last summer.. I ordered mine direct form Alipay ( China) the jacket looked great the leather was OK, The communication was actually really good with production photos sent, and they tried to stretch the pattern to fit my measurements.. . in the end it was just a bit too tight for me.. & sold it

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
For all I know this was manufactured in China too, and at the price point it would make sense. I am taken aback at the quality though, very nice. Keep in mind I own Aero and Langlitz jackets as references to quality. I look forward to breaking this puppy in. By the way, anyone have a screenshot of that Japanese tutorial on creasing up the sleeves and such withva bucket of water?

Looks almost as good as the stache and that says a lot. Fits you absolutely perfectly. Of course the quality is impressive but then again, no other country has as many experiences tailors than China, I believe. I mean, these guys do stuff for RRL.

In any case, awesome jacket! @Big J had the scans, if I remember right. They might still be around but can't recall which thread it was... Anyway, yeah, water was involved. Ropes, too. They tie the rope around the sleeves or something...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider