How black is blackened brown vicenza?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by nightandthecity, Nov 17, 2017.

1. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

What climate are you in? While I love the CXL on my prem. Highwayman, it has a biker vibe, and I often wish for a Vicenza “rock-n-roll” vibe. A different option I was looking at is the Soft Steerhide. It would give the jacket a more Lewis Leathers feel, but with Aero robustness.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    mattmiller1973 likes this.
  2. Nykwil

Nykwil Familiar Face

I’m in the northeast. Cold winter but I don’t mind the cold and usually run pretty warm. I can get away with a t shirt under my cxl in winter. I’m def looking for the rock n roll vibe

3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

My vote would be Vicenza/ steer then.

Nykwil likes this.
  4. ai00344

ai00344 One of the Regulars

Fonzie likes this.
  5. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

I do have quite a few jackets in rotation but I’d say that the BR is probably one that I grab quite often as it feels very comfortable to wear. The Sheene is older but I’ve used it about the same as the BR I think.

Nykwil likes this.
  6. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

You’re welcome and thanks for the compliment!

ai00344 likes this.
  7. mattmiller1973

mattmiller1973 Familiar Face

I have ordered a Bronco A-2 in the dark seal jerky horsehide. Holly said it will fade nicely and I trust her. I also ordered a Sheene in the black CXL because I want what that guy has!

Fonzie and handymike like this.
  8. mattmiller1973

for the rock n’ roll vibe, I think Eastman’s Highway Star looks killer! Just don’t know why they sew the pockets through the leather like that...

9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

The Highway Star is so killer! I almost got one off ebay, but the measurements were a little funky. Really slim shoulders, even thinner than the Aero Premier line.

10. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

That is a detail seen on a number of vintage MC jackets, Cal Leathers LAPD and early Langlitz Columbia’s to name a couple. I must say that it did not look all that great to me when I first saw it, a bit sloppy I thought. With time though I have really come to like this detail and I see it is something very classic and befitting a CHP style jacket.

11. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Good choices! Dark Seal Jerky HH from Aero is an awesome leather, I have an A-2 in that one and I love it.

I'm glad my previous Sheene post served as enabler! :D . I might let Holly at Aero know in case they offer discounts to "influencers"... LOL :p

12. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

This one: IMG_5661.JPG

13. mattmiller1973

F@&$ing nice A-2! Which contract is that? The 42? The sleeves look amazing.

14. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Cheers mate, yeah it is a nice A-2 and the contract is the 42-18775P (I think). The Jerky HH is very easy to wear and ages beautifully.

15. mattmiller1973

Huh. I thought it was the 42-15142.

16. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Yeah you might be right, I’ll have to check it out.

17. mattmiller1973

Thanks, man. It should say on the tag. If it is a 15142, I’ll order the exact same one because it looks fantastic. If not, and it’s the 18775, I’ve already got one of those on order from Bill Kelso ;) (I have a problem).

Off-topic: I once told my shrink that I think I have a problem with constantly researching and buying motorcycles and gear. Too much consumerism. Then he showed me his iPad and admitted he’d been looking at Mercedes convertibles the whole time because he was buying yet another one...

El Marro likes this.
  18. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

The tag says 42-11018P, I think this was a trainee made jacket and they use a fictitious contract label to sell them in the quartermaster’s site of the webpage.

I hope he wasn’t looking at them during your therapy session though... :eek:

19. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

Blackened brown J106 from Aero's Instagram.

Blackened Brown J106.jpg

20. mattmiller1973

cool jacket, but i don't dig the blackened brown. the teacore effect on the CXL is way coooler. i hope something like that will show up on the jerky HH, as well.

@Fonzie that's the point! he'd been shopping for cars the whole time!

Imuricecreamman likes this.