Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you tell the age of a fedora?

Alexander Church

New in Town
I have a royal stetson hat that I have bought at a garage sale, I know it is vintage but Idk what era it is from, from movies ive seen set in the 30s it looks more like a design popular in the 30s than the 40s styled ones. idk ive always seen a difference between the eras fedoras, 40s ones seem to be taller.
But id like to know how old this is

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Post a picture and someone will be able to help you. The most important part to see is the liner and the sweatband.

Alexander Church

New in Town
i dont really have a way to take a picture because my camera on the phones flash is so bright it glares it, and without its to dark. on the sweat band it says hamilton's traverse city on this sideways long triangle thing

Alexander Church

New in Town
Yes the hat is on a german helmet lol. no where else for it to go.

03-22-11_1234.jpg

Mobile%20Uploads

03-22-11_1232.jpg

03-22-11_1231.jpg

Alexander Church

New in Town
Find the threads about dating a Stetson by the liner, sweatband & size tag.
Read those & if you still can't narrow it down, post the question in Ask a Question Get an Answer thread...

There isn't a size tag on it, its about my size though cause it fits me how i think it should fit

Tiller

Practically Family
Some Stetson's have the date stamped on the inside of the sweatband. My Royal De Leuxe Stetson St. Regis homburg for example was made on October 10th, 1954 according the the sweatband.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's post 1952, going by the logo on the sweatband. I had one dated 1954 with the same black imprint. I'd say mid '50s with some certainty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points