1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

How do you wear your hair/hair products with your hat?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by SirPandaEsq, Jan 12, 2019.

1. SirPandaEsq

SirPandaEsq New in Town

No surprise here, I wear my hair styled fairly classically with a left side part, medium length. I have been using Goon Grease pomade by Lockhart to tame my mane, I typically shower every other day, and use Goon Grease on day one. The second day I use the residual Goon Grease with a splash of Vitalis Hair Tonic and a spritz of Vitalis hairspray.
    I find that some hats mess with my hair as I take it off when I get to the office, and my ACE pocket comb can fix it fine with the pomade, but on a hairspray day It doesnt do so well. Although I did just buy a Kent comb. Does anyone here wear their hair styled with a hat? How do you keep it from messing it up? Or is it just my hat is the wrong size? I have yet to buy a properly sized hat, being of the "XXL" Scala and Stacy Adams variety and not a 7 5/8ths that my head calls for. I am saving up for a decent Akubra or Stetson fedora. Would I have less of an issue of the hat pushing the sides of my hair down with a hat actually sized correctly and not the "catch all" sized of L, XL, XXL? Thanks all!

2. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up