How is Coronavirus affecting you?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Tiki Tom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I am doing fine although the surgery was to correct an error from the previous surgery in August.....it seems that got it right this time. The home care nurse comes by in an hour to check and change the dressing.

Benny Holiday likes this.
  2. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

I’m glad I had my last surgery in summer when the C19 rate has been low and hospitals still had strict measures that kept visitors out. Been almost like holidays and pain was sufferable.
    Had only one small drainage bag to walk around with.
    After a little slaughter some time before it’s been three drainage bottles, I looked and sounded a bit like a specter walking the corridors...:D

3. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

It would also explain why your leg keeps twitching. :D

4. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

We still have the strict no visitor policy in place. But on my last visit I noticed a bit of Covid fatigue had set in. Previously (at patient intake) I was quizzed with 20 questions about covid symptoms. On my visit last week the intake person asked me in a very nonchalant manner....."You don't have covid do you?". That was it, no 20 questions about my travel and my symptoms if any.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  5. Old Mariner

Old Mariner One of the Regulars

I take 5,000 IU of Vitamin D every day, but also take a B complex Vitamin. As a somewhat related note, way back when I was trying to figure out what was causing either the CFS or what turned out to be fine motor skills damage with my brain, one of the things that was tested was my B vitamin amount. As that was in the "ok-high" range they tried other tests. I think it may have been for the CFS (it's been so long ago), but I had also been tested for Lymes and Epstein-Barr as well, which I was negative for. Granted that this was also back in the days when they has less understanding and knowledge of CFS than they do now. They never considered looking at a flu strain that could have caused it. Now with Covid, and how some people are affected by it with it giving them what may be CFS, it would be nice to somehow go back over the cause for me with new insight. I don't know if they could even test for specific flu strains since I don't have it now, or what. It would be nice to know though so then I am not left here with "open ended" questions. Can I improve my healing with any new insights, aside from what I have done and am doing, or...am I at the limit?

Trenchfriend likes this.
  6. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

Trenchfriend likes this.
  7. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Is there a possibility to test, how much Bisphenol A is in your blood?

"Endocrinic Disruptors"

8. Trenchfriend

These recommendations are very dated, because we have similar in stupid Germany (adults 800 IU/day). But this is medicine from 1990, believe me.

Now, 1.000 IU is our "basic daily intake", here. 2.000 IU seemingly the best way to stay "green". Above, your blood-calcium must be checked, permanently.
    5.000 IU daily (if real dosage) is indeed much.
    But if your taking Food-Supply-Product, you don't know, how much dosage is in, for real. No guaranteed dosage, no guaranteed quality level, no guaranteed efficiency. (Free) Medicament is far better. :)

9. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Trenchfriend likes this.
  10. Trenchfriend

Last check, I was on 70 ng/ml, calcium was "green".

11. Trenchfriend

It now seems, the less german people get infected in public transportation. The most seemingly get infected on partys, in care homes and hospitals.
    What does that say us?

Always change the air in your rooms, properly twice every day! :D

CatsCan likes this.
  12. Old Mariner

Not sure, but I can make a note of it and ask next time I see my doctor.

Trenchfriend likes this.
  13. Trenchfriend

Very good summary in this article!! :)

"Research also shows that consuming 1,000 IU (25 mcg) daily would help 50% of people reach a vitamin D blood level of 33 ng/ml (82.4 nmol/l). Consuming 2,000 IU (50 mcg) daily would help nearly everyone reach a blood level of 33 ng/ml (82.4 nmol/l).
    Another analysis of seventeen studies with over 300,000 people looked at the link between vitamin D intake and heart disease. Scientists found that taking 1,000 IU (25 mcg) of vitamin D daily reduced heart disease risk by 10%.
    Based on current research, it seems that consuming 1,000–4,000 IU (25–100 mcg) of vitamin D daily should be ideal for most people to reach healthy vitamin D blood levels.

However, don’t consume more than 4,000 IU of vitamin D without your doctor’s permission. It exceeds the safe upper limits of intake and is not linked to more health benefits"

14. Old Mariner

I realize that, but for me, that much is what helps me feel "normal". I also probably take more magnesium than most people (400 mg every other day, except on weekends due to an odd number of days in a week). I also take a lot of omega 3/6/9s, with extra 3s. Due to my condition, I don't take the "usual" daily or "normal" doses. I have very specific types of supplements, with very specific amounts, plus my 3 tinctures. It's taken me years to get my personal "formula" just right, but I have not had any issues since then with it.

15. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

If you're being followed by medical professionals & following their instructions & recommendations, then all well & good but if you're self-medicating & basing your intake on the barometer of how "good" you feel then you are taking a risk. Vitamin & mineral supplements aren't M&M's & it isn't because you haven't yet experienced any noticable complications that everything is fine. Prevention is always better than cure. ;)

Trenchfriend likes this.
  16. Trenchfriend

I just can recommend not to step over (real) 2.000 IU daily. It's also not necesssary. I take 2.000 IU daily, myself.

It's the reason, why pharmacies in Germany can only sell medicament 1.000 IU dosage non-prescription.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  17. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

For a few years now the dewy-eyed bride and I have kept half an eye on ’61 thru ’66 Ford pickups. We really don’t need such a thing, but she’s unusually fond of that particular body style (especially when it’s sporting two-tone paint), largely because her grandfather had one when she was a little girl and he liked being with her more than anything in this world, and vice-versa, so she often joined him on his errands in that truck. And I can almost persuade myself that there is some practical value in owning a 55-plus-year-old pickup. I mean, I occasionally have stuff to haul. (Truth be known, it would be far less costly to rent one on those few occasions.)

A year ago decent examples were running 5 grand and up. I’m not talking real clean ones, either, but just ones without too much body damage and solid drive trains and suspensions, good glass, no Mickey Mouse “repairs,” no wires dangling, etc.

We may look again as the holidays approach. I’m guessing they’ll be going for considerably less than they were a year earlier.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    CatsCan and Cornelius like this.
  18. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

My grandfather's last truck was a '63 Ford, and I have fond memories of dump-picking expeditions in that truck. Haven't seen one in forty years, but I can see the inside of it like I was sitting in it right now. For some reason there always seemed to be a case of Orange Crush stored in the back, and for some reason nobody ever noticed when we of the neighborhood helped ourselves to a few bottles.

Turnip and tonyb like this.
  19. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^
    It’s pure magic. Must be. No other explanation.

20. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

i havent checked old car values, but hobby stuff is the first too go, not life necessary . my father hunter green with black fenders 53 mercury pick up, has stuck in my memory as well. flat head v 8 , my brother stripping gears in it. if we arent sentimental on here what are we? 59lark.