How is Coronavirus affecting you?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Tiki Tom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Almost 89000 new members to the club in US of A.

Still not really affected by C19 in daily life here.

Working short hours occasionally, money’s OK, export jobs run constantly to slightly increasing...

Just some bums can’t get enough noodles and butt paper again...

Trenchfriend likes this.
  2. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Face masks are mandatory in public transport, no ? Might account for the low transmission rates.

3. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Useless, because majority is travelling "nose free".

4. Lean'n'mean

Well ,the "experts" tell us the virus is transmitted by way of mouth, either by talking or coughing, so although having the nostrils uncovered may expose one to becoming infected, it's less likely to be a means of contaminating others.

Woodtroll likes this.
  5. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

My wife woke up with a rash on her collar bone.....then she read that rashes can be a Covid symptom and she started to worry......I informed her that whisky is a known antidote........she is feeling much better now......or at least much less worried.

DOGMAN, Old Mariner, Tiki Tom and 3 others like this.
  6. Trenchfriend

Maybe tangents the politics...

Question about the US:

Are the Infection-Protection-Law(s) cuttting into your constitution, actually?

Gemany has actually seven basic rights "limited", in other words "out of action".

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  7. Trenchfriend

You mean "skin eruptions"?

8. Trenchfriend

The atmosphere in Germany is tipping over, right now!

Received as ordered! :D

9. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

My impression is that it’s less the German atmosphere to start tipping over at the moment...

CatsCan likes this.
  10. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

No, but some small-minded people believe they are. The smarter people are following the suggestions issued by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). I wear one of the masks I have when I need to, and wash my hands a little more frequently than normal. *shrug* Other than that, I'm not getting carried away with the personal protection equipment, nor am I concerned about whether or not I'm going to catch COVID-19.

DOGMAN, Turnip, CatsCan and 1 other person like this.
  11. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

My state in Australia has been in lockdown for a few months now. Cases have reached a new low with an average of 3.8 infections per day over a 14 day period.

We'll be able to go shopping for non-food items, attend cafes restaurants and bars from Wednesday.

Feraud, CatsCan and Trenchfriend like this.
  12. Trenchfriend

459.486 conf. cases - 325.550 recovered (minimum) - 10.112 dead.

1.469 on intensive care - 47% on respiration

709 hospitals free capacities

13. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Got my Flu vaccination yesterday.
    Doc told me they did about 400 doses so far.

14. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Had a coffee with a buddy and found out about my closest brush to the virus yet.....my buddy does home renovations. His client, a lawyer working from home found out someone in his office has contracted the virus and his son visits the office but largely works from home as well. All are in quarantine (except my buddy) So is that 3 or 4 degrees of separation between the virus and me?

15. Lean'n'mean

For all you good little boys & girls who are worried Christmas may be cancelled this year.

16. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

In respect of social distancing we’ll meet with our neighbors out in the yard, enjoying a nice barbecue and a large bucket of glow wine or punch for Christmas this year.

17. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Boy, that "elf" couldn't act if you held a loaded gun to her head. :D

18. Old Mariner

Old Mariner One of the Regulars

Nothing much going on here for me. Although the mother told me she was exposed twice and nothing, so my chances of exposure went up exponentially, and so far nothing. Granted, she also takes vitamins as well and eats healthy. We're both Type O+. Not saying this to diminish the severity which seems to be largely dependent on genetics, blood type, and underlying conditions. Essentially a roll of the dice.

I just decided to pass the time working on a new site (essentially will be an online profile type site) since I no longer am known "through" groups.

Aside from that, just making preparations for winter - taking stock of things I need to do or would like to buy.

There is a part of me that is bored of boredom though...

19. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Bore Out will certainly become an issue during dark months.

20. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

More outbreaks locally. A Pentecostal church over in my mother's county got slammed bad after insisting that they'd be Protected (Galatians 6:7), with over fifty cases and mounting, and this week a couple of nursing homes in my county got it, including one that's primarily Alzheimer's patients. The news gets worse and worse.