How is Coronavirus affecting you?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Tiki Tom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Those figures for physical distancing were picked out of a hat anyway.. Each country has a different one.
    If the infection rates are so high in the Dakotas, it's because they're gathering indoors without masks when they should be out in the hills & breathing in the good clean air.

Bamaboots, belfastboy and Zombie_61 like this.
  2. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^^
    You gotta wonder just who put it in their heads that that was a good idea.

3. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

The Dakotas, not that bad, I think. But research says, North Dakota was able to reduce the air pollution about 25% in the last years. I think, that's a respecatable job!

South Dakota
    Cases: 71,070
    Deaths: 741
    Recovered: 51,922

North Dakota:
    Cases: 70.016
    Death: 818
    Recovered: 59.283

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  4. Cornelius

Cornelius A-List Customer

Um, just 762,062 people live in North Dakota. With the data you've provided, this would mean an infection rate of 9.2%

An equivalent infection rate in Germany would leave about 7.64 million Germans positive with Coronavirus.

But I believe Germany is still under the 900,000 mark. So, No, North Dakota is actually doing rather poorly this November, as they head into another dire north plains winter.

Bamaboots, AbbaDatDeHat and tonyb like this.
  5. Cornelius

Per your data for N.Dakota, their death rate thus far is also 6.9 times that of Germany.

Bamaboots and tonyb like this.
  6. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

To paraphrase Stephen Colbert, some among us are nothing if not steady. They believe the same thing on Wednesday as they believed on Monday, no matter what happened on Tuesday.

Zombie_61, Cornelius and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  7. Trenchfriend

The infection rate, sure. But is that a reason to sorrow? Look at the number of recovered.

DOGMAN likes this.
  8. Cornelius

If you've ever experienced the for-profit industry that is US healthcare, it most definitely is a reason to sorrow. Something very much worth noting here.

While it is true that a majority of those US residents infected with Covid-19 recover, they are likely emerging back into health with massive debt, possibly including the loss of their home. To say nothing of possible chronic medical conditions for the remainder of their life.

seres, Bamaboots, Zombie_61 and 2 others like this.
  9. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Eighty years of "best medical system in the world" propaganda and we still haven't looked behind the curtain. Doesn't look like we're going to anytime soon, either.

Bushman, seres, Zombie_61 and 3 others like this.
  10. Trenchfriend

Year by year, it's "funny" to see, how the non-Covy intensive care cases are increasing with the beginning of the cold weather period!
    They are actually increasing permanently. Status 18.467 non-Covy (Covy 3.618).

12.027 beds auxiliary capacity are now enabled, just for the case.

11. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Illinois entered Tier Three Mitigation today and all are asked to stay home to extent possible.
    My sister's medical practice with the University of Chicago is now more distanced telephonic than clinic,
    though she has been seeing patients when necessary. A favorite uncle passed the other day due to
    in patient cardiac admission which led to subsequent Covid hospital infection.

On a lighter note, I surrendered my Chicago Cubs face mask for a medical issue mask that supposedly
    is more effective. Chalked it to the departure of Cubs prez Theo Epstein. Bryant rumor has it that he'll
    be traded to the Nationals, but Contreras remains safe at home plate. Theo and I were on different
    pages last year, so that's that. When this pandemonium is scaled down some, and my favorite bookshop
    Bookie's reopens, I intend to dive into the baseball stacks and retrieve Bradlee's Williams bio and another
    tome about Williams and the Demagge bros in 1930s-forgot author and title but will know it if-and-when.
    There's a third, allbout Theo's wheeldealing with the Cubs and Sweet'16.

Cornelius likes this.
  12. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

Decided to take the day off and have some fun for once. A mud wasp had built a home inside my Triumph's rear axle. You now you're not riding enough when...

mr_lits, Bushman, Zombie_61 and 2 others like this.
  13. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

We are 5 million population with most of it concentrated in the SW corner and we are at 350 deaths so far and our government is freaking out about it. They are giving us $500 each as a Christmas gift (giving us our own money back) to assuage our fear and concern. Christmas events are being cancelled and that is just the first wave.....much more to come.

Cornelius and Trenchfriend like this.
  14. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Correction. They're lending you $500 that they themselves have borrowed & which you will have to pay back twice, the loan & the debt. :D

15. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

My consolation is that at this late date in my life someone else's children will be paying it back and I likely will be gone by the time the bill is brought to the table.

16. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

During the GFC a few years ago the Australian Government gave us $900 to spend and we recovered quite well from the recession, at least better then lot of countries..

Cornelius likes this.
  17. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

Loungers; i would have already lost my house, with my family medical bills with two cancer treatements and surgery if i didnt live in Canada, my small city is still doing okay, we are having anti mask protests, one here was during hurricane like weather so it blew them away. The worst was it was organized by people from somewhere else, dont bring it here. while there are crazys everwhere, i dont know where these people get there logic, maybe thats what it is, they dont have any. Living with a asberger person makes you look for logic and act logical , kinda like living with a vulcan. What would mr spock make of our behaviour, most illogical. News on the sewing front, shortages of sewing machines well into next year, like aug. Price increases across the board 10 percent as parts companies raise prices and give priority to those paying the higher prices. I have referred to this behaviour as black market gouching and profitering, while normal beign sales reps have become two faced and untruthfull due to the demands and pressures. Bad behaviour, all around. praying for wisdom and understanding. 59 lark ps gertrude the lark may not have a safe storage for the winter, physcos keep burning down the barns at fairgrounds, and no winter storage this year. 59lark

18. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

Haven’t heard a word about it in 18 days.

19. Trenchfriend

Who's Mr. Asberger? :D

I'm Asperger myself.

20. tempestbella

tempestbella New in Town

I’m Asperger too .. I’m Miss though!

Trenchfriend likes this.