How is Coronavirus affecting you?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Tiki Tom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

My 90 year old grandmother (mom's mom) is sharp as a tack and I call her at least once a week. My 80 year old father has dementia and does not know who I am. Sadly, I'm a little relived he has no idea what is going on...but worried since nursing homes seem to be a hotbed for this virus.

2. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^^
    My wife’s dad has Alzheimer’s. He’s getting pretty far down that road now. I doubt he knows anything about this pandemic.

3. Massimo M.

Massimo M. New in Town

I stay home and I work from home, here is my reaction to madness: every day I'm on time (like Rosie the riveter...) at my home workplace and wearing my 1940s suits. In this case is a 1943 suit, a real L-85 except the cuffs, but show me a 1940's guy to renounce it.
    Every single day douche+shave, a clean shirt, breakfast and move to job...few inches away.
    Massimo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Edward, Rmccamey, Zombie_61 and 3 others like this.
  4. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Kudos to you.....I am the guy that doesn't bother to get out of his PJ's. Thank goodness we don't video conference!

5. I can't stay in my pajamas by mandate:

upload_2020-4-1_17-5-33.png

6. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Just got laid off off one of my writing jobs = 33 percent cut in my income.

7. LuvMyMan

LuvMyMan I’ll Lock Up.

Bummer! Will there be any new Pies being baked now or no?

8. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

Ouch!

9. Bugguy

Bugguy A-List Customer

"Out of an abundance of caution" (how I've come to hate that phrase - it usually precedes a con), I left Newark NJ two weeks ago to continue my hospital consulting work off-site. My hospital is 15 minutes by train from Manhattan and in center-city Newark. Although not NYC, its >50% full with Covid patients and increasing every day. The tents have gone up in the parking lot and half my program staff are either confirmed or self-quarantining at home.

I'm sitting in Nashville with my family waiting for the 4/20 (per governor) peak. We're ordering food, etc. on-line and picking it up at the drive-thru.

As an interesting side note... the last two weekends have been the best for Lowes and Home Depot sales ever. The parking lots have been packed.

Rmccamey and tonyb like this.
  10. EngProf

EngProf A-List Customer

Non-locals to Nashville might not know that we were hit severely by multiple tornadoes just a couple of weeks ago. The pandemic alone is not necessarily driving a wave of home remodeling, although to be honest I have been doing a bit of put-off house-work myself since I'm stuck there, anyway.

11. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

It ain’t much of a silver lining (people *are* dying, after all), but I gotta admit liking the three extra hours or so I have in my day that isn’t taken up with taking the dewy-eyed bride, who doesn’t drive, to and from where she needs to be every workday.

And doing without an alarm in the morning is nice, too. I just wish my mutt had gotten the memo. He gets demanding not long after sunrise.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  12. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

I kind of miss complaining about the weather being so crappy all the time and car drivers stupidly trying to run me over.
    On the plus side of the ledger I do get to hear a dog snore loudly for most of the day.

13. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

1,2% death, 26,8% recovered (minimum), here.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  14. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Our statewide lockdown went into effect at 12:01 this morning. Yesterday the streets were as busy as they were during the Before Time, as people went on a frenzy of last minute whatever it was they're doing.

As the designated caretaker of the theatre building I'm authorized to travel to work to "ensure security" and "perform minimal maintenance," so I'll be continuing to do that for the time being. But it's a creepy and dismal place without people in it.

15. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

If it will make you feel better, I'll come over and flip you off through your living room window.

16. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I went back to work six months ago and our dog still hasn't quite figured out my new-ish "five days on, two days off" schedule. Even though I don't regularly set my alarm on Saturdays and/or Sundays, he does his best to replace it and make sure I'm awake at 4:30 a.m.. :mad:

What a pal!

AbbaDatDeHat and Frunobulax like this.
  17. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

A kind offer but doesn't social distancing make it near impossible ? :D

SteveFord, Zombie_61 and Frunobulax like this.
  18. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

One of our newspapers encouraged readers to become creative during the lockdown. Pete McKee did just that and came up with a modern day version of Rosie the Riveter.
    rosie-the-riveter.jpg rosie.jpg

Edward, Zombie_61, Rmccamey and 3 others like this.
  19. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

I'll keep at least 6 feet away, LOL.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  20. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Ventured out this morning to do the weekly grocery run. The local supermarket was fairly quiet at 8:15AM.

Since my last visit 9 days ago they had adjusted to have one door for ingress and a separate door for exiting. Lots of signs reminding us to social distance. Shoppers and staff all in good spirits....lots more masks being worn by the shoppers. Shelves well stocked. The produce section had everything but as it was first thing the bins were getting low on stock but I picked up everything on my list. Peanut butter stocks are low and the horror of horrors is that I had to settle for my Adams Dark Roast peanut butter in creamy...out of stock on crunchy....But I am willing to buck up and make the best of it. The company had installed plexiglass panels to separate the cashiers from the hordes and lots of X's on the floor showing us where to stand. I realized this morning was my first trip outside for 6 days and maybe the first time out of my sweat pants...but that might be too much information so I will end the post here.

Rmccamey, tonyb and Frunobulax like this.