How is Coronavirus affecting you?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Tiki Tom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Speak for yourself. ;)

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Does anyone know of a bank still accepting PPP applications? Today is when Independent contractors can start applying, but all the banks seem to be frozen or locked up. It's so hard to "shop around" online....
    Thank you! (I'll go back to OUTERWEAR now.)

3. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

My wife received an email from her, now closed, hair dresser with an admonition...."Do Not attempt to cut your bangs, it never ends well". She went on to offer tips on how to manage your overly long bangs without having to resort to cutting them.

handymike likes this.
  4. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

I’m a fan of gray hair, even on younger women (especially on younger women). A “serious” girlfriend back in my 20s (a real heartbreaker, that one) had a streak of gray from the time she was of legal drinking age. I found it quite alluring.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  5. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

I am not an expert, but from what I've read, your first step should be to reach out to your existing bank as, overall, banks can process PPP applications from their existing customers much faster and easier than they can from new-to-them customers.

I'm sure you did that, but try online if the branches of your bank are closed.

After that, I'd try banks where family members have relationships as they might be able to make an introduction and the bank might be able to leverage some of the due diligence work they did on your relations for your application.

Good luck.

6. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

And may it never be.

Frunobulax likes this.
  7. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Earlier published account of Covid19 viral immutability erroneous as genetic mutation within human host
    has revealed a collective genome taken in New York but traced to Europe rather than China.
    Apparently, Covid19 hit the Big Apple last January, lashed the town good and its resultant mitosis sample
    now credited has common cause. This should aid CDC vaccine sleuths.

Cook County, IL reportedly purchased a refrigerated warehouse capable of receiving several thousand dead.
    Chicago's lockdown is in force until the end of April. The city downtown scene resembles a deserted urban stage.

8. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

The footage of plywood coffins being stacked in mass graves in New York was like a blackjack to the back of the head to me. My grandfather, who was a teenager during the 1918 epidemic, remembered scenes like that. I never thought I'd live to see them.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  9. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Apparently, it happens every day; you and others just never paid attention. NYC has used this as a potter's field for unclaimed bodies for over 100 years. Even if they are coronavirus victims the only reason they are there is because they are unclaimed, not because there is such an overflow of death mass graves are suddenly being used.

DOGMAN and Rmccamey like this.
  10. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Ah, well that makes it all okey dokey then. Anyone for s'mores?

Zombie_61, tonyb and Bushman like this.
  11. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Covid19 forced the issue be it beggar, orphan, later claim pawn. Too many dead but the virus parasite still
    lives within its host so corpses cannot be allowed accumulate inside makeshift freezer hold.
    The dead must be buried, all legalities will necessarily wait.

Zombie_61 and tonyb like this.
  12. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Oh, Liz you are such a stellar Bartender. Always taking the high road and keeping the place calm and even keeled.

Zombie_61 and LizzieMaine like this.
  13. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

No, it makes it normal. That's all.

14. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

How do you know this is the case? How do you know the people in these photos were tested, diagnosed, or even had an illness?

Somebody posts a drone shot of something that has been going on for over 100 years, with no context and associates it with the current crisis and the freak out begins.

DOGMAN likes this.
  15. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

My prior remark directed to a traverse of subject and not to a drone shot.
    New York has an unfortunate state of affairs which overwhelms city/private mortuary capacity/funeral home capability.
    Mass burial in established locale or newly dedicated site is a factual need.

And that is the fact of this particular tragic case.
    The first thing I was taught in law school was to know the facts of the case; second the applicable rule of law.
    And the applicable rule of law here is that the dead will not be allowed to threaten the living.
    Which is why the Chinese were burning its human harvest.

16. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Do we know for a fact NYC is no longer allowing bodies to be claimed? You seem to be implying they're expediting them outside the norms.

I haven't seen anything reporting on that.

DOGMAN likes this.
  17. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

That's the secret of deceit, as long as you don't think or feel you are being deceived, big Brother has done it's job. Trust nothing, question everything.

18. Frunobulax likes this.
  19. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I hate how corrupt our local government in our city, I read yesterday despite the corona pandemic, they started the mega construction project for new office right behind the city hall "to keep the economy going" many construction workers only protected with fabrics or surgical mask working on construction site daily right in the middle of the town, and I bet most of them are smokers so while for the camera they wear their mask, obviously the take it off to smoke in jobsite and later they will bring home the virus into their neighborhood, and how small the population that have been tested (my country based on that world meter is among the least tested per million population), its ridiculous for our closer proximity to the source of the virus, and how many chinese technicians usually sent here to install machinery in factory and such, and how many indonesian workers working in HK or malaysia that might bring back the virus, make me afraid a lot more undetected cases wildly spreading especially since this week people here seems bored staying at home and start going out again.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Benny Holiday and Trenchfriend like this.