How is Coronavirus affecting you?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Tiki Tom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

Ack! It all sounds like something straight out of Frankenstein’s laboratory.

2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Clap clap and clap Lizzie.
    B

Cornelius and Zombie_61 like this.
  3. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

I don’t know how this mask found its way to the supermarket parking lot. But I’m thinking it is likeliest that its wearer just tossed it aside.

I just abhor this sort of thing.

48A03837-118E-421B-B0B6-38145E541F76.jpeg

4. 3fingers

3fingers One Too Many

^^^ Gives new meaning to the "we're all in this together" tripe.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  5. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Way to respect the "Front Line Heroes" who have to pick up that filth.

6. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^^
    If its being turned into litter was indeed deliberate, I wouldn’t know to attribute that to selfishness or thoughtlessness or ignorance or, I dunno, any number of other unfortunate human shortcomings.

It has long been my habit to pick up litter. (I haven’t done so lately, for reasons that ought be obvious.) It’s my own little way of resisting social decay. I can’t expect others to be better than I’m willing to be myself.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Zombie_61 and Tiki Tom like this.
  7. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

Loungers; I guess this crisis has made me realize how little contact I have compared to other people , and with losing that little its hasn't bothered me as much as most are bothered here, not yet anyway I have been far too busy to reflect. I worked another till nine pm night , fixing machines and getting new one ready. I blew the budget and told my youngest to order a pizza. I paid over the pc with a visa and even tipped that way, new concept. I havent had any food other than home cooked in a month, not even tim hortons and you know much we Canadians love our tim hortons. 59lark

Edward likes this.
  8. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I had the same thought on Thursday as I saw gloves/masks on the ground around a garbage bin in the parking lot of my grocery store....puzzling. Then a few moments later I had my answer....crows picking through the garbage bin tossing the non edibles aside looking for the good stuff. Those sneaky little buggers may be the culprits in your town too.

Benny Holiday and Zombie_61 like this.
  9. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

I have been expecting this for most of my life. My grandmother told me about her encounter with the "Spanish" flu in 1918-19. The rest of her family came down with it and she had to nurse them until they recovered, cooking, cleaning etc. She said she was at their beck and call for days on end with hardly any sleep.

So of course once they had recovered she came down with the flu. She told me she was left in her room for up to four hours without anybody checking on her. She could her them talking, eating and doing the dishes while she could have been dead. She was a big, strong woman of about 23 and it nearly took her.

10. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

This might not be a popular opinion, but I hope they do. If someone is stupid enough to ingest or inject toxic chemicals like Lysol, I don't want or need them in my life.

Before I wised up I made sincere attempts to give people the benefit of the doubt regarding issues like this, thinking maybe they dropped it accidentally, maybe it fell out of their car without their knowledge, or any number of excuses that didn't place the blame on humankind's negative behavioral patterns. Now...well, I think my above comment in this post speaks for itself. The parking lot of one local Walmart has become a rather popular dumping ground for masks like those and rubber gloves. "Disasters" like this pandemic might bring out the best in some people, but so far I've seen mostly those in whom it has brought out the worst. :mad:

11. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

'This might not be a popular opinion, but I hope they do. If someone is stupid enough to ingest or inject toxic chemicals like Lysol, I don't want or need them in my life.'

People have- I read this morning that hospitals had admitted such exposures. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.

LizzieMaine likes this.
  12. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Nature thinning the herd. :p

13. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

I miss the days when the most panicky thing in the world was being bitten by a tick.

SteveFord, Cornelius and Zombie_61 like this.
  14. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Seen today outside a store, on the first real mild day of the spring:

"NO SHOES -- NO SHIRT -- NO MASK -- NO SERVICE."

15. Retired EE

Retired EE New in Town

Cooped-up indoors today... so did some YouTube surfing.

Just finished watching Michael Moore's "Planet of the Humans", a 1hr 40min documentary which is free on YouTube.

Very interesting, but depressing.

SteveFord likes this.
  16. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

My wife's exact words.

17. Retired EE

Retired EE New in Town

The documentary was enlightening on the major environmental negatives of biomass-based energy production. However, I can't "unsee" the part which showed whole, intact cattle corpses being dropped into shredding machines-- the kind that tear apart automobiles at a wrecking yard, and the large beaker of oil derived from alligator bodies... all for use in energy production. It seemed that one of the unstated themes in the film is that maybe humanity deserves a pandemic-- particularly at the end, which showed mass deforestation (biomass for the power stations) and dead/dying orangutans.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  18. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

Sobering and incredibly depressing.

19. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

SPAIN : Today, children 15 & under, will be allowed outside for the first time in 6 weeks of confinement. They must be accompanied by an adult & can go no further than 1 Km (0.6 miles) from their dwelling nor be out for longer than 1 hour. Public parks & gardens remain closed.

GERMANY : Around a thousand anti-lockdown protestors in Berlin yesterday clashed with police. Several dozen arrests were made.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Bavaria, police broke up a clandestine hair salon ring when they caught someone cutting client's hair in the cellar of their house. Zey vill ov corse be shot !

About a week ago, police stumbled upon a hairdresser, illegally practising his craft in his 'closed' salon in southern France. He was only fined.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  20. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

We are all trapped in a civilization that forces us to destroy the world in order to survive, there will be consequences, one can turn a blind eye but no one can legitimately claim that they didn't know.

MikeBravo, Feraud, Bamaboots and 3 others like this.