How is Coronavirus affecting you?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Tiki Tom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. earl

earl One of the Regulars

Our grandson and his 4 year-old visited us today. No masks. We took a leap of faith and frequently embraced. How can one not? Was wonderful:)

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. Old Mariner

Old Mariner Familiar Face

This is a bit dated, but the Washington Post has an article on the town I live in with the hospital. (I enclosed the google amp link to get around any paywall issues.) It gives one an idea how different things are here compared to other places.

3. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

After a happy day spent playing the guitar I read the news for a bit.
    This country appears to have gone insane during the lock down and I am going to bed.

Think I'll take my hat off first. Can't crush a 70 year old Knox in my sleep, you know.
    That would never do.

4. Edward

Edward Bartender

Oh, she's a real cutie!

All my students now know Greta Cat from her appearances in my online classes. Greta is interested in human attention when she wants it. Unleaa soneone elae is getting it, thrn she has to have it.

Feraud, Zombie_61 and LizzieMaine like this.
  5. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Cats, there arrogance knows no bounds, but as Robert A. Heinlein said:
    Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.

6. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

Sam the dog was taken to my daughters house, cause I have nearly crippled our lab, by neglect and being more worried about Gertrude. All true but after building sam a ramp so he could venture out into liz backyard , he refused to use the ramp, so he came home. The spring dinger Heidi was very happy to see him come home, the old lab mel was glad to get her home and her owner to herself again. I

7. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

I have been put on report and must take better care of my dog by my daughters, farmers don't always look after their pets well, not to todays standards. My father was a cold man when it came to pet care, if it was gonna cost or not be good, boom. Sam the choc lab is now getting the best care and I will be much more careful and no car rides for sam for a long time . Gertrude is still out being fixed, my 75 yr old mechanic has agreed to look at it, and I am lucky. I priced a NOS gas tank and it was $650 us, that's $1000. Canadian with shipping. at least. Anyone have a gas tank for 59,60 lark sedan. 59lark.

8. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Well, you see, that is I... what I mean to say is, to simplify... IMG_6615.JPG.JPG

9. Are you saying that your future child is going to be a "Coronial"? Congrats!

10. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

Boy, she is glowing! Congratulations!

Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  11. Yes, sincerely congrats..!!;)

Zombie_61 likes this.
  12. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

Great news to the happy couple. Congrats!

M Hatman and Zombie_61 like this.
  13. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

All the best! Congratulations. I was trying to think of how to tell you how much parenthood has enriched my life. No need. Impossible to convey. It was nice to hear some good news this morning.

Zombie_61, belfastboy and M Hatman like this.
  14. M Hatman

M Hatman My Mail is Forwarded Here

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! REALLY brightened our day with this post!!!!!!:):):)
    She IS aglow!!!!!!!!:D

Zombie_61 likes this.
  15. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

This week NYC is provisionally moving forward with re-opening the city. As the governor correctly points out we're continuing social distancing and hygiene guidelines and watching for any new COVID cases.

16. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

What a beautiful mother to be - looks like you had a better lock down than all of us put together.
    Congratulations to both of you!

17. navetsea

navetsea My Mail is Forwarded Here

congratz!

18. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

I’d be downtown protesting if not for concerns about contracting the virus.

I’m left to hope for all of us that face masks, warmer weather, and being outdoors effectively limits the spread. But I fear those factors are only so effective, which is to say not effective enough.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  19. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

I haven't broken down again lately, but this virus/lockdown/unrest in the world is making me bring out my inner drag queen. I'm buying frilly robes and over-the-top wigs and actually wearing them. I call it my "Apocalypse Look." My BF gets a kick out of it :p:p

20. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I ventured out yesterday to meet a buddy for a coffee. Not a great sampling so not sure I can interpolate anything from it but the social distancing seemed not a big deal in the restaurant. I think largely as it was just very hard to do and no one seemed the least bit concerned about the situation. A few masks but not many. The tables were spread far apart but it was a long and narrow space so just with the flow of folks in and out....no real way around it. In the parking lot I was standing by my car saying my goodbyes, 3 others came up to us and the 5 of us stood there all in close proximity for about 5 minutes talking. But I am thinking we have been relatively immune here....still at 165 deaths out of our 5 million population plus our Prime Minister attended the protest rally on the weekend and there was zero social distancing so I am thinking folks are putting the whole distancing thing to bed. If our leader chooses to ignore it I think folks are leaning hard that way too. Or so it would seem.

Benny Holiday and Zombie_61 like this.