How long is reasonable?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Mark, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Mark

Mark Practically Family

Sorry I cannot recall the address and I have not kept any emails with the address. May I ask why you want it? I do not Intend pursuing my jacket to that extent. I shall just right-it-off I suspect. Thanks

2. Mark

Mark Practically Family

I have a feeling he/they have not lost it as I have communicated with them many times after they would have received my jacket. I kinda think my jacket modification is just not important or a priority. I also know (as he told me) they are having difficulties finding/retaining staff who can meet their standards (his words) + Covid/lockdown/Brexit issues.
    To add: This does not seem to prevent them from making others jackets and a couple of lines via email is not so taxing I think and would reassure the customer.

El Marro and Monitor like this.
  3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nevermind. I was just curious. BK claims their jackets are made in Greece but if I remember correctly, no one actually knows where their production facility is located. Therefore I was was curious about what Google Streetview would show at that address.

4. Mark

Mark Practically Family

Yes I see what you are saying. I have heard this as well. Some think Andy may actually be based in the USA? I do recall the stamps on my last parcel to be Greek though. Thanks.

Marc mndt likes this.
  5. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

My BK jacket was definitely shipped out of Greece, of course that alone doesn’t tell where it was actually made but for sure some part of the operation is there.

Sketchy/lack of communication is annoying and nerve-wrecking. I assume that if at the time they agreed to take on the repair job they must have thought it was doable in a reasonable time frame then who knows, some of the employees might have left, COVID etc. Still very far from ideal. You are own a response. I hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

Mark likes this.
  6. Mark

Mark Practically Family

Yes communication costs nothing and takes but a moment. Thanks for your reply

7. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Very poor show.....

ton312 likes this.
  8. dlite90

dlite90 Familiar Face

The more I learn of the vintage leather jacket industry, the more I see there’s a big shortage of makers and we need to train more young people to do things the old way like this. The amount of research, time and money people have to go through for a quality leather jacket is obviously unreasonable. The good makers are full of orders to work through and most of them are approaching (or past) retirement age so won’t be making for much longer.

To add insult to injury our (US) postal service was crippled by a guy Louis DeJoy who just bought his position and has obvious conflicts of interest.

abone2010 and Mark like this.
  9. ton312

ton312

It’s not funny but l knew exactly who we were talking about when I posted my first response. I knew exactly (I suspect many members did as well). That says it all IMO. Sorry for your troubles Mark. Hopefully this shakes out to your benefit. To me it seems that BK, while I appreciate their design work and product, are essentially on par with using your money as toilet paper.
    The jacket should be returned, altered/repaired free of charge.

AeroFan_07, Mark, El Marro and 2 others like this.
  10. Mark

Mark Practically Family

I received a reply from BK today (2 in fact). No need to go into details but he is apologetic and says he will get my jacket sorted asap and free of charge! I will post some pics when that happens. It is all typical of BK it seems but they usually come through in the end. Thanks

11. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Glad-it turned out right for you in the end Mark...

Mark and ProteinNerd like this.
  12. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Glad to hear it Mark!

Mark likes this.
  13. ton312

ton312

Exactly as it should be. Good to hear.

Mark likes this.
  14. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

:D

Mark likes this.
  15. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Some good news. Maybe he knows about this forum?

You make some really good points here. Between Jacket and boot makers hand-building thier wares, along with Cobblers willing & able to repair and re-work them. This is true in a number of other industries as well. Seems if something cannot be done on a smart-phone, people today under 25 or 30 have little intrest in doing it - regardless of the pay.

Mark and Spiney like this.
  16. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Good news indeed!

Mark likes this.