Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many A-2s does it take to make an A-2 (not a joke)

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Folks,

I hope that I have not led my friends here to believe that I consider reproduction jackets to be worthless. If so, please let me try to clarify my feelings.

I understand that there are very valid reasons for wanting a high-quality, reproduction A-2. One reason is that some people, like myself, have great difficulty finding WWII A-2s large enough to wear. I wear a modern size 46 or 48 which translates to a WWII size 48 or 50. Size 50 original A-2s are rare, indeed. Another reason could be that one wishes to reproduce a specific jacket, which like my own Dad's A-2, is now long gone. Yet another motive is that some people want a good A-2 but are hesitant to wear a sixty-five-year-old, original jacket for fear that it may be damaged or destroyed. Finally, there are folks who just want a new A-2 that they can "break in" themselves. All of these are perfectly good reasons for people wanting the best reproduction A-2 they can afford. One day, I may even join this group.

But without rehashing my " search for reality" argument, let me just say that the people who buy repos for the above reasons---and who are happy with their purchases---are not the people I was referring to in my previous posts.

Atticus

Edward

Bartender
Atticus (great username, BTW... loved that book. The Peck film was also pretty good, reasonably faithful to the book if memory serves...), I get exactly where you're coming from. Really interesting discussion you sparked too. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana