Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Jackets Do you Own?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Probably been done, but thought I would start a thread along the lines of "How many new Jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?"

1 Old Goat LL Bean A-2 (probably still my favorite since I've had it since 1990)
1 HBD dark seal Vicenza (first new high end jacket bought off the rack, selected by Carrie)
1 Himel Heron light brown Shinki, got a great insiders tip, it never even went public (a few buttons just sewed back on)
1 SB Memphis Black Shinki (a little short for my taste but the sleeve are perfect)
1 Vintage Polo Sport Ralph Lauren Brown (probably cow) leather XL beater. (too big for me)
1 Vintage Early 1960s Brooks Cafe Racer (nice light jacket, lining needs some simple repair)
1 Thedi Cafe Racer XL Brown FQHH (essentially brand new, fits pretty trim)
1 Hercules CXL steerhide brown shearling lined/alpaca (it's a beast, but never been worn)
1 SB Roadster Horween black overdye horsehide (currently lost in the mail)

All purchased in the last 3 months. The Old Goat, and HBD only ones bought new. None custom, but I think I did ok on fit, sleeves may be a tad too short on one or two, but I don't care, and i like the variety. Pretty sure I got some good deals too.

Some wise men on this forum have been advising me to slow down a bit. Probably pretty good advice. I figured if I actually listed them all I might realize that I have totally lost my mind.

Oh, did I forget to mention that I am probably going to have a custom Sheeley, made out of black overdyed brown French goat. I was really impressed with Lina's jacket

Oh, come on you are all just as crazy, and have many more jackets than I do. You just didn't buy them all in 3 months.

:confused:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Me too. But soon I can get into selling, and buying and/or trading for new ones. The insanity continues.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
BK Victory Hide A-2
Brooks Cafe Racer
GW Ventura
GW Imperial
Aero LHB
Aero Teamster
Rainbow Country Single Rider
Golden Bear Car Coat

The GW Imperial fits me so perfectly, that it has become my everyday jacket. Unless I needed more insulation, I would pick the GW Imperial every time. Looking to unload a few of these as I should thin the herd a bit.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Yep, I figured there was a thread somewhere. I don't have a big enough closet. I am going have to get rid of all my other clothing.

CBI

One Too Many
I seem to always hover at 20. At 20, I end up selling around 10 leaving me at 10. Before I know it, I am back to 20. However, I seem to be more and more successful keeping it in the 15 range. Hoping in the next few years to keep it at 10.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
BK Victory Hide A-2
Brooks Cafe Racer
GW Ventura
GW Imperial
Aero LHB
Aero Teamster
Rainbow Country Single Rider
Golden Bear Car Coat

The GW Imperial fits me so perfectly, that it has become my everyday jacket. Unless I needed more insulation, I would pick the GW Imperial every time. Looking to unload a few of these as I should thin the herd a bit.
Only 2 GW? :)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I seem to always hover at 20. At 20, I end up selling around 10 leaving me at 10. Before I know it, I am back to 20. However, I seem to be more and more successful keeping it in the 15 range. Hoping in the next few years to keep it at 10.
What are your jacket measurements?:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner