How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

I haven't worn it much since I lost weight, it is a bit too big, Alan told me they can bring it in, so I will take it to the shop when I get the chance to swing by :)

Your black and burgundy one is very cool!

Noted, I will bring this jacket when I make it to Sydney, hopefully soon enough :D

Benny Holiday and JMax like this.
  2. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

I just hit BIN on this weird Vanson, it was on Buyee, described as a Chopper/CHP mix from the 80s/90s.
    I have never seen one like that before, i find it pretty weird and confusing...
    It's a cross zip, but with barely any lapel overlap, almost like the Schott Cafecto, but with even shorter lapels.
    Weirdly they left the four chest snaps for the lapels/collar as if it was a regular CHP.
    There is also a snap on the inside, back of th eneck, wonder if it has a fur collar at some point or if it is a snap for a liner.
    The sleeve zippers are also a style i don't remember seeing on a Vanson before.
    Leather looks really nice, can't wait to see it for real.

Doesn any one know what this is? @JMax , @ton312 have you seen something similar before?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  3. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Never seen a Vanson like this. Reminds me of the 50s Langlitz Columbia with Cossack collar I had. How the collar is shaped and built looks a bit more ad hoc on the Vanson. I really like it. And the leather does look great.

Carlos840 and ton312 like this.
  4. ton312

ton312

SO COOL! Never seen anything like it. This succeeds where those Japanese pork chop lapel jackets fail....That is straight up BAD ASS!

JMax and Carlos840 like this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor

Hide alone is worth it and maddeningly cool style only adds up to the awesomeness of the deal. Vanson defeats everything!

6. TheGuitarFairy

TheGuitarFairy Practically Family

It's really true imo and without the pretentiousness and cost I see elsewhere.
    My very first cross zip and first pic I ever posted to the lounge. Mannnny jackets later I'm still looking to buy this one back.
    IMG_0828.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  7. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

Is that a bandit?

Mrfrown likes this.
  8. TheGuitarFairy

If I speak it's name I'll probably cry.
    Yes, that was it's name ..... Bandite'

Mandarin and Mrfrown like this.
  9. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One Too Many

Awesome and unusual style and the leather is by far the most characterfull of any Vanson I've seen.

Carlos840 likes this.
  10. Albertcg

Albertcg New in Town

Currently selling my Himel Bros Avro size 40 (measurements like a 38) for anyone interested

Attached Files:

Mich486 likes this.
  11. Turnip

Turnip Call Me a Cab

Baracuta G4 Work, Dark Navy, Rain Repellent, Size UK50, Coolmax fabric

First of all, this one is NOT Made in UK but Made in Bulgaria, nevertheless just perfectly put together, perfect finish. No screwed seams or button holes, no loose threads, eveything´s in place.

If you want Made in UK you´ll have to pick the Classic version, price is all the same.

I picked the "Work" version because of the different side pockets and the width adjustment placed at the bottom waistband.

Some pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  12. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice, very nice! I'm glad my interest in this pattern seems to have cultivated a revival.

The main thread on this style is here, so be sure to post your thoughts and images there when you get it: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/sears-vertical-zip-map-pocket-motorycle-jacket.94252/

tmitchell59 likes this.
  13. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

ton312 likes this.
  14. ton312

ton312

That jacket literally broke my heart. Some of the nicest HH I've handled...ever. Just WAY too small to even consider keeping.

15. TheGuitarFairy

Yeah I noticed guy had it back .. any recollection what measurements were exactly-ish?

16. ton312

ton312

21" p2p
    23-23.5" sleeve
    19" shoulder
    25" back
    Thick quilted liner and MEGA THICK hide, I had many pleasant conversations with the lady who sold it. Very nice person.

TheGuitarFairy likes this.
  17. ton312

ton312

Wested “Skyfall” jacket arrived today. It’s nice. I’m glad I opted for the brown cow. Very supple, a bit of heft. Very reminiscent of five star, tbh were I blindfolded I would have sworn that’s what it was. Fits the basic jacket bill nicely.
    8EB5BB33-2DAA-4B28-95F2-ED423463B0C0.jpeg

marker2037, TREEMAN, JCSD and 11 others like this.
  18. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

Great Fit as usual. Nice easy to wear jacket. How is the lining on the Wested jacket?

ton312 likes this.
  19. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

@ton312 the leather looks a lot thicker and sturdier than in the Wested website photos. Looks mighty fine for the price.

ton312 likes this.
  20. Mrfrown

Mrfrown One Too Many

@ton312 this reminds me, do you still have the Straight To Hell jacket you got? You had also compared that one to Five Star

ton312 likes this.