How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

jonbuilder and TheGuitarFairy like this.
  2. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

jonbuilder and TheGuitarFairy like this.
  3. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

:)

JMax likes this.
  4. powersci

powersci One of the Regulars

Wasn't planning on getting a Schott B3. But, when the price is right for a basically unworn jacket, I can't say no. Found this at the thrift store for a steal of a price! A size too big, but I ain't complaining.

The only other time this happened was when I found an Orchard B-3 for $10 at the thrift store. Not sure who priced it that low, but I was very thankful!

[​IMG]

5. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

6. ton312

ton312

jonbuilder and Jin431 like this.
  7. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Jmax posted it from eBay on the find and deal thread 1/2 size small for you and Jmax and fitted on me

Zoo and ton312 like this.
  8. ton312

ton312

I did miss it. Looks fantastic! Made for ya.

jonbuilder likes this.
  9. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Spill it! Which store?

10. powersci

powersci One of the Regulars

Village Discount Outlet. My best luck has been with the one on Kedzie north of Irving Park. They even had a vintage real shearling rancher jacket (like Marlboro Man) for $50. Perhaps one of my favorite things about them is that their higher-priced items are just popular fashion (e.g. North Face, Levi’s, A&F, etc.). They’ll price better designers or more technical wear (5.11 Tactical, as you know I love, haha) at much cheaper prices.

The B-3 I got for $10 was the SA Thrift Store near Sheridan/Broadway.

Bfd70 likes this.
  11. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

I'm back in Europe after a few years in roasting hot Asia, so I can justify a new jacket once again. I think Aero's bootlegger looks great, as does their board/cafe racer in Buco J-100 trim. I have some brown CXL samples, in steer and horse, and they look great, especially the HH. I've had an eye on a new Aero for years, but I'm a bit concerned about mobility- Vicenza is lighter and softer but looks kinda flat and overly uniform to me, CXL looks wonderful but can be extremely stiff from experience, and the Badalassi seems to swing both ways.

Or I could spend twice as much money and buy this from Thedi:
    https://thedi-leathers.com/product/cafe-racer-mtc-127920/

Attached Files:

torfjord, Mrfrown and Marc mndt like this.
  12. Marc mndt

My vote goes to Thedi. Twice as expensive but also at least twice as good, imo.

I own one in the same 'bruciato' horsehide. Different style.

A9900A74-BBA5-4303-94FB-5A531B3D4DFB.jpeg

13. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

Cool jacket, and great fit! Did you post a review of it on here anywhere? I'd be curious to see more photos and hear your thoughts on it.

14. Marc mndt

Rich22 and Mrfrown like this.
  15. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

My vote would also go to Thedi. They are more expensive but they are worth it.

16. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

Thanks for sharing! Your jacket is very similar to the one I have my eye on- looks super! I didn't realise the leather was aniline, though... did Theodoros make any suggestions for how to care for it? The washed and waxed version of the leather looks very interesting and unique. That's why I like it, despite it being a few shades lighter than my usual preference.

17. ojaw

ojaw Familiar Face

There’s a lot to love about Thedi but the finishes I see on most of their jackets seem overwrought to me; the washing pre-ages them and the waxing makes them less breathable, I’d rather put my own stamp on whatever one I buy. I understand that they are available without the extra treatment, is this so? In fact, Mark, yours looks much more demure than many I’ve seen online.

18. Marc mndt

I'm a huge fan of full aniline vegetable tanned leather. I don't treat it any differently than pigment dyed leathers. I certainly don't baby it. What are your concerns?

Personally, I really like their finishings and I don't think they're overwrought at all. It adds just that bit of character right out of the box. It enhances the color depth. Very subtle imo.

Why do you think the beeswax makes the jacket less breathable? It's not like the jacket is drowned in wax like a Barbour. It's just a thin application.

True

E5893A49-58F0-45CA-9051-C47FF349AEE3.jpeg F64BA0E7-7245-44F6-9453-233FBFDD0570.jpeg 2EE39B5C-BB7E-40EB-BDCB-9CA644EDD289.jpeg

19. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

I only have very limited experience with aniline leather- a nice leather sofa I had years ago- and the thing was ridiculously easy to stain compared to other leather furniture (e.g. with skin contact), and also a pain to clean and condition. What aniline jacket experiences have people here had? Maybe the Thedi beeswax treatment makes his leather a bit hardier?

20. Marc mndt

I own a lot of full aniline leather jackets. These are not waxed and there's not a single stain on any of them. Few more examples: Eastman uses full aniline Italian horsehide. Field Leathers offers full aniline Shinki.

8E95DB08-15B1-462C-9433-D30A7F560642.jpeg F60506D6-56CB-40E2-8C04-46D15D4AAAB1.jpeg 64F2B3D1-79AE-4F39-B0E3-F65E85382778.jpeg