Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many?

How Many Radio Programs are in your collection?

• 1-150

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200-500

• 500-1000

• Too Many to Count

• Total voters

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Not many. I must have about 10 GI Jives, 3 of Ripley's Believe It Or Not, two by Jack Benny, the 1943 Academy Awards, 6 or 7 Benny Goodman broadcasts, one GI Journal (with Bob Hope and Glenn Miller), a Pearl Harbor newscast, The Mercury Theatre from October 30 of '38 and one Mail Call with Groucho Marx and Judy Garland.

Sunny

One Too Many
I managed to acquire over 1700 episodes for free while I was a starving college student. That was... nearly two years ago.

I did manage to count all the files I know have a couple months ago, but I promptly forgot the number. :eusa_doh: I'm pretty sure it was over 3000. Possibly quite a bit more. That does count all episodes of a serial as a separate show. The majority fall into the detective/adventure genre, although I've got some of everything.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I have over 10,000 at best guess, all on cassette or reel to reel tape, along with stacks of assorted transcription discs in my office closet. I'm pretty finicky about what I collect -- a substantial proportion is pre-1940 material, with an emphasis on music, variety, comedy serials, and news/actuality programs.

I've been plugging away for years on a FileMaker database of the collection, but have made very little progress...

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Well...

My mp3 player just told me I have 1182...but I could have sworn I had closer to 1500. I started collecting almost 6 years ago, and that's where I am today.

And those are only the digital mp3 copies, I have a Radio Spirits audio cassette case of mysteries.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I've been collecting them for years. Most of my collection are on cassettes. A lot of them are from companies that doen't even exist anymore. I have some CDs and a lot of MP3s now.

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred