Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how to fix surface finish 1952 sewing mach

P

paulmars

singer mdl 128. crinkle finish. I cant explain the marks. can i send pics?

tk,
pa

katiemakeup

Practically Family
OFF TOPIC-ish (I don't know what happened to the off topic smiley) I saw an old school sewing machine on the side of the road the other day and hoped it would still be there on my way back. It wasn't. :(

P

paulmars

I found mine in an industrial garbage can behind some strip stores. I still dont know why I went back there and looked in this specific can. Ive passed by those stores dozens of times and never before did I do that.

Looks new except for some small spots. Almost like metal tarnish. Works great, light even works, bulb too. Wood carry case shows signs of wear on the outside, but works great. Missing the case key, but a slotted screw driver works..

Im gunna sell it.

p

TackCollector

Familiar Face
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...ge-sewing-machine-videos-muv-fav-t167789.html

If its a round bobbin, it's a Singer model 66. If it has a shuttle and long dumbell-type bobbins, it's probably a 128. Search or join that quilt board for more help. But neither of those machines will be worth more than $35 - $60 to somebody, I'd wager.

eta: Reread and saw you said it's a 128. That model was made for a number of years and sold as an econo model. It has low collectible value unless it also has a Singer Centennial badge on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ