Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get rid of cologne smell on a leather jacket?

Fonzie

One Too Many
Hi guys,

I just received from EBay an Eastman Slender A-2, awesome jacket by the way, I'm really impressed with it.

The fit is awesome and it's in great condition, I'll post pics soon, the only problem is that it has a strong cologne or perfume smell from the previous owner.

Does anyone one know an easy way to get rid of it?

The fit is already quite trim do I don't really want to wash the jacket.
I could take it to dry cleaners, I've had success in the past with them, but I like the jacket too much and don't feel like risking it.

Cheers in advance.

Fonzie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hi guys,

I just received from EBay an Eastman Slender A-2, awesome jacket by the way, I'm really impressed with it. The fit is awesome and it's in great condition, I'll post pics soon, the only problem is that it has a strong cologne or perfume smell from the previous owner.
Compliments to you on such a good find. You might want to have a think before removing the perfume smell.

Fonzie

One Too Many
Compliments to you on such a good find. You might want to have a think before removing the perfume smell.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I didn't think about that side effect!

apba1166

A-List Customer
Hang outside on breezy days. Inside out as well. Couple days each way. Also hang back seat of car with windows open. It takes a few breezy days.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I am a bit sceptical here, did the seller try to cover some other smell by spraying the jacket with deodorant or cologne?

If it is just body spray or cologne, the smell can be gone by just hanging it outside your wardrobe for a few days. They are not long lasting anyway.

Fonzie

One Too Many
I am a bit sceptical here, did the seller try to cover some other smell by spraying the jacket with deodorant or cologne?

If it is just body spray or cologne, the smell can be gone by just hanging it outside your wardrobe for a few days. They are not long lasting anyway.

Thanks for your replies, I started to hang it outside and it's slowly loosing the smell, or maybe I'm getting used to it? Still pretty strong though.

The overall condition is great and the smell is mostly in the neck of the jacket. It feels like the previous owner was a fan of intense male perfumes, I don't think he was trying to cover other smells.
The jacket looks like new if it wasn't for some pronounced creasing on sleeves.

Fonzie

One Too Many
bd7018657f9c33b09c81ec5d9f39592d.jpg
d2a1e9941008695c0b4047a1889586b4.jpg
b7422b5c9509b1c37fe9a0c7a140b09c.jpg
dd2203a89b2a73b819716f8b0358e856.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member