Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to measure for a jacket?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Is there a tutorial on the proper method to take measurements for a jacket? Pictures would certainly help.

The Vintage Trends and Himel Bros websites take you through it for each jacket. It's straigtforward. Lie jacket flat. Pit to pit (across the chest under armpits), Back - from under collar seam to end of hem. Sleeve - from shoulder seam to sleeve end. Front - from collar seam follow zip to end of bottom hem.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I went to the tailor @ Macy's Mens dept. free of charge. He pointed out what I was going to be
wearing most of the time under the jacket & then proceeded to take my measurements. Also @ Goodwear Mr, Chapman
sent me a sample A-2 jacket to test for fit & comfort, also free of charge.
It don't get any better than that. I just have to be careful with my diet & not "put on extra poundage" while I wait for
the jacket. I am still in awe at Scott & the weight that he lost…gives me Hope.

@Thunderball, I posted that answer above.

@2jakes, there are others here doing a great job on weight loss, some in more spectacular form than myself, but thank you for the compliment. It makes buying jackets much easier, and the results are more enjoyable as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana