Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to provide the right dimensions when ordering from Aero?

dormicica

New in Town
Hi all, I am to re-order a Highwayman from Aero as the one they first provided was much too large in all it`s measures. I do not want to end up loosing the original Highwayman-cut but want to make sure Aero will make a jacket specifically adjusted to my torso. I wonder what strategy you follow when ordering from Aero. Thanks a lot.

Peacoat

Bartender
Mark will tell you how to measure yourself for the jacket. My experience was that my 42 Highwayman was a bit tight in the chest. I ordered extra length in the arms and the torso as I am tall with long arms.

I wear a 42 jacket in everything, so my experience is that the cut is a bit trim. If I were to do it over again, I would get a size 44 with a size 46 length in the arms and length of torso.

I know that you had the opposite experience, and I can't help but think that they made the wrong size for you the first time around. If you try to adjust the size based on your last purchase, I think what you get the next time will be way too tight.

Most people will tell you that the Aero products are cut trim and snug. At least I have heard that comment many times and never have heard that they are cut large like the one you originally received.

injunjack

One of the Regulars
Hi

Why don't you write AERO in Scotland and ask which measurements they need, and explain your situation??

Easier, and no taxes when ordering directly from Scotland.

just my 2 euro cents

Jack

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Isn't the problem all the friggn company secrets?

Every maker wants you to try on the stock fit by mail, or send measurements and "trust them."

All they need do is give 4 or 5 standard numbers for every size: chest, shoulders, sleeves, back (and maybe zipper). And if they have any special fit issues with their pattern, like "armholes in attention position", "slender sleeves", or "short body", let us know.

We fans eventually dope all this out anyway, so why pretend it's so secret?

dadgad

New in Town
I provided them all my measurements (well...almost:p ) when I ordered my 1938 A2 and it fits me perfectly, really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy