Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

How to travel with hats

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
If you wear it, an airport employee will have you remove it and they'll touch it and check under the sweat. It is unpleasant but should not damage it to speak of.

Hmm, this may be dependent on the individual airport/agent. I've never had anyone check under the sweat. I have put hats through the xray machine for sure.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
I wear hats when I travel and have never hat an issue. It makes for a great accessory with a bloody mary at any airport bar.

When seated on a flight I just use the hat to cover my eyes and sleep.

Hi Everyone,

I’ll be travelling to Montréal, Canada soon … a short 27h from Melbourne.
I’d like to board with my loved Akubra cattleman but I’m worried it could be damaged during the flight … does anyone have a good idea or experience to share ? Thanks heaps !

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
They're probably looking for those $20s they keep hearing about behind the sweats. Or they're FL Members trying to get a peek at the re-order tag.
Yeah they just don’t get it when i say “Don’t touch my hat”!!
Then i pull out my pocket mirror to show them behind the sweat band.
Probably explains why i’m on the “no fly” list.
And then those private body searches...sheez!!
B

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Found on the interwebs, magnetic hat holder.
https://www.lindsayalbanese.com/products/luggage-tag-toptote-hat-holder-lindsay-albanese

luggage-tag_800x.jpg

belfastboy

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, this may be dependent on the individual airport/agent. I've never had anyone check under the sweat. I have put hats through the xray machine for sure.
Yes, I take it off at check in so they can reconcile me to my passport pic, take it off passing through the screening and again when they check my pic at the boarding gate. No one has ever inspected the hat or band.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
So I paid for TSA precheck, mostly because I am chronically late. But an added benefit seems to be that they've been letting me keep my hat on to walk through the metal detector. One time they did ask me to show the inside, but so far nobody has told me to take it off and put it through the machine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skylize