Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Howdy & Stetson Roadmaster question

Arkie773/4

New in Town
Hi y'all,
I am new around here, so if I get out of line just let me know. I have been wearing Open roads for a couple years now. My granddad wore OR's so i guess that is where my nostalgia originates. My first was a felt 4x in a color called bark. I was shopping for one in silver belly but the one in bark had softer felt so it won out. I also have and OR in straw. I am interested in buying a Roadmaster while there are still few around. Do you guys know of any good deals out there? I am a 7 3/4.
Thanks,
Joe

Duper

Practically Family
Another welcome Joe. I believe gtdean48 picked one up a new Roadmaster in the last year. He may have some insights for you. Perhaps you can find more info using the SEARCH panels offered on the Fedora Lounge.

Arkie773/4

New in Town
RBH, No Doubt! it is way too hot for felt here in the Natural State right now.

I am interested in the Roadmaster for its natural color and softer than OR feel. I don't think they are making them anymore so they might be getting scarce. I figure I will continue to have access to the Campdraft in the future.

I have found a few for list price. This is the best deal I have found so far for a big'un:http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=455&desc=Hat+-+Roadmasterby+Stetson

frussell

One Too Many
Campdraft

Arkie - If you have no luck with the Roadmaster, PM me when you get your post # up to the required amount. I'm moving, and may sell a nearly-new Campdraft in Akubra's version of Silverbelly, which is really more of a ranch tan, in a size 63. It's even creased in the Open Road shape right now. Hadn't thought about getting rid of it, but it sounds like just what you're looking for. Sorry for the plug, but I always feel sorry for a fellow large head. Frank

W4ASZ said:
I procured a Roadmaster from Bencraft hatters in NYC a few months ago and worked it a bit with a little steam and distilled water to loosen it up some more. This is a nice domepiece, and I think you'd be pleased with it. I'm keeping mine, for sure.

Check out this link :

http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=455&subcname=Stetson
No disrespect intended but for that price, I'd go for 2 Campdrafts. I bought my Roadmaster on sale & got free shipping. The natural color is darker than the photo on that website which I like, shows dirt & sweat less. My hats get dirty & sweaty, those I wear around the ranch. This one gets worn around the ranch...

W4ASZ

Practically Family
I feel strongly both ways.

gtdean48 said:
No disrespect intended but for that price, I'd go for 2 Campdrafts. I bought my Roadmaster on sale & got free shipping. The natural color is darker than the photo on that website which I like, shows dirt & sweat less. My hats get dirty & sweaty, those I wear around the ranch. This one gets worn around the ranch...

Yes, my friend. I have six or seven various Akubras and I love them dearly, every one. They are the best deal out there.

Our friend with the question was specific as to the Roadmaster, which is the only Stetson I've bought new, and it gets to stay. In about a month Sam Menche will turn loose my box full of Campdraft (Camp Draft?) in silver belly and I get to be happy all over again.

Best wishes from down on the border with Spanish Florida.

W4ASZ said:
Yes, my friend. I have six or seven various Akubras and I love them dearly, every one. They are the best deal out there.

Our friend with the question was specific as to the Roadmaster, which is the only Stetson I've bought new, and it gets to stay...
I know the feeling Amigo.
I've got 8 Akubras = 4 Campdrafts, Squatter, Dallas, Riverina, & Kiandra.
I do have a Stetson Pinnacle to go with the Roadmaster as modern Stetson models. I rank the Roadmaster right there with the Campdrafts for felt quality.

Arkie773/4

New in Town
frussell said:
Arkie - If you have no luck with the Roadmaster, PM me when you get your post # up to the required amount. I'm moving, and may sell a nearly-new Campdraft in Akubra's version of Silverbelly, which is really more of a ranch tan, in a size 63. It's even creased in the Open Road shape right now. Hadn't thought about getting rid of it, but it sounds like just what you're looking for. Sorry for the plug, but I always feel sorry for a fellow large head. Frank
I am about to send a PM as soon as I get the green light for PM's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk